John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you ordered a 2022 MME on October 1st, the first day orders were open, share your adventures and milestones as we prepress toward actually getting our cars.

It will be interesting to see who gets scheduled first and how we fit into the order queue with all the converted 2021 orders.

So far, we have battled a glitchy online order system, nonexistent email confirmations, clueless dealers, shady dealers, and other obstacles.

It's not just an order, it's an adventure.
Sponsored

lr32sd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Genesis, 2012 370Z
Country flag
I ordered online Oct 1 and have been working with the dealer to sign an order form and get the order processed through Fords system. I haven't received an email from Ford, but sounds like many other people haven't yet either. Already getting frustrated to see that production is delayed a month.

Mach-E Premium
Grabber Blue

Ordered: 10/1/21Scheduled:
Order rec'd: 10/1/21Production date:
Accepted: 10/4/21Shipped:

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Yep, ordered 10/1, the first date that the system wasn't glitching to the point where I couldn't complete the process. Premium extended range AWD grabber blue - I assume a lot of people will be going for this one, not sure if it's a good thing or not (and I'm still deliberating on changing the color to cyber orange and going for RWD instead of AWD).

Order went in, dealer emailed me quickly the next morning as if I had sent in a general interest inquiry; said they'd process it when I gave them the order number, and when I saw a day or two later that nothing had changed, I emailed them and they said I needed to come in to provide my driver's license before they could send the order to Ford, and I believe they also mentioned needing papers to be signed. I went in, the process was quick, no paperwork to sign, and when I left the dealership and checked the website it said that the order was accepted by the dealer. Now just waiting to be scheduled for production, which I don't anticipate for a few months (seems the retooling of the factory for the 2022 models was delayed until December; was originally supposed to be for three weeks in November, based on what I've read).

My dealer said they've been getting them in within 4-6 months, which was surprising to me, especially since transport to Hawaii usually adds on 3-6 weeks for vehicles. It's also faster than other people have been reporting. I'm still planning for closer to nine months, but if it's in four months I won't complain...

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Mine was accepted post-order on Oct 1. I just changed the color from RR to GB after seeing a forum member's GB GT in person today in the sun. Wow!:cool: I also have a '21 GB coming next month, but I'm going to release that one in favor of a '22.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Got my "order has been confirmed" email from Ford today. The GM at my dealer said I would get one but it's been a couple weeks so I thought maybe I wouldn't. Placed online on the 1st, changed to "Accepted by dealer" on the 7th, and got the email from Ford today on Oct. 20th. Now I fully expect to be in for a long wait until I see any more movement. Plenty of time to look at reviews, find accessories, maybe line up a test drive, etc.

Ryanmav4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR Premium w. Ext battery ordered
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
I ordered on 10/1, accepted on 10/7, and didn't receive the email today. I'd be curious to see if the timing of the Ford emails mean anything or if it's just due to a system backlog or issue. Guess we could find out tomorrow if they're scheduled.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I ordered Oct 1 but it took about a week to get some paperwork to the dealer (an order form with the details and a copy of my license). I can’t recall the exact date the website showed that the dealer accepted the order but around Oct 7 sounds about right. No email from Ford yet.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I've ordered on 9/23... can I join?

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Chiming in to note that I ordered 10/1 and my order was accepted on 10/7 as well, but I was not asked to come in for verification or document signing. I did get a royally painful runaround which I hope is now resolved via written email assurances.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting to see the difference in dealer approaches to 'paperwork' when you order online. My dealer accepted my order in his system the day after I ordered, and it took until 10/9 for the Ford system to update and show that. The dealer also told me that we don't have to do paperwork until the car is delivered. $500 deposit by credit card is all so far.

Waiting for email...

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've ordered on 9/23... can I join?
Sure. come on in. This is just a thread for those of us first in line for a '22 to see if we STAY first in line.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I ordered on 10/1, accepted on 10/7, and didn't receive the email today. I'd be curious to see if the timing of the Ford emails mean anything or if it's just due to a system backlog or issue. Guess we could find out tomorrow if they're scheduled.
Part of me thinks that an actual human being has to verify the order and send the email, or something to that effect. Ford works in mysterious ways.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures Capture.PNG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures Capture.PNG

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer