Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
FINALLY got my build date today after being assigned my build week last week.

Space White, Premium, Extended range, AWD

Ordered 10/1
Build date 9/1
Est. Delivery 10/19
Ouch, I think you win on getting shafted the worst in this thread... it seems rare for people to get their Mach-E's over a year after they ordered it, but it seems you'll be there. Sorry about that, but I'm glad you at least have a build date now.
Sponsored

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
It's finally here! Doing the old-school haggling thing with the dealership now on trade-in value.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine is due in next week. There was no haggling to be had so far - just a coming fight about reminding them they promised me no ADM when I ordered through them close to a year ago. Looking forward to getting that done with... they made an incredibly low offer on my trade-in, and then made it clear they wouldn't negotiate. And this is supposedly the better Ford dealer in my area.

Godawgs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4X Ordered
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Mine is due in next week. There was no haggling to be had so far - just a coming fight about reminding them they promised me no ADM when I ordered through them close to a year ago. Looking forward to getting that done with... they made an incredibly low offer on my trade-in, and then made it clear they wouldn't negotiate. And this is supposedly the better Ford dealer in my area.
Can you sell your vehicle to an online dealer? I don’t know how taxes work where you are, but if you can sell it to an online dealer and get enough for it to offset taxes like how it works in Georgia I’d personally do it just to flip the bird to your dealer so to speak.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you sell your vehicle to an online dealer? I don’t know how taxes work where you are, but if you can sell it to an online dealer and get enough for it to offset taxes like how it works in Georgia I’d personally do it just to flip the bird to your dealer so to speak.
Thanks for the suggestion. Those online car resellers don't service Hawaii, which I think is understandable given the costs and logistics of shipping. It's a shame, too, because they still let me put my car through to offer a quote, and it was significantly higher than I had expected. The fact that Hawaii is so closed off from the rest of the country is probably why we get shafted; a lot of these local places don't have to compete. If you live here, you're a captive audience.

Godawgs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4X Ordered
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion. Those online car resellers don't service Hawaii, which I think is understandable given the costs and logistics of shipping. It's a shame, too, because they still let me put my car through to offer a quote, and it was significantly higher than I had expected. The fact that Hawaii is so closed off from the rest of the country is probably why we get shafted; a lot of these local places don't have to compete. If you live here, you're a captive audience.
That’s a bummer. Could you sell it private party instead? Might be a hassle but screw these dealers that don’t treat people fairly.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s a bummer. Could you sell it private party instead? Might be a hassle but screw these dealers that don’t treat people fairly.
That's the route I'm taking. If they wanted to lowball a little bit and say I'd sort of be getting the difference in money saved in taxes that might be fair, but they're so far off that they can't even claim that. Oh well, who am I to tell them how to run their business.

jennaclon

First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Ext Range AWD (ordered 10/1)
Country flag
Ordered a space white, ext range, premium, AWD on 10/1/21
Build week was 8/29/22
Delivery was supposed to be today (9/29) - 10/5

just called and they said it got pushed back & is now estimated for 10/24

it’s getting comical at this point!

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ordered a space white, ext range, premium, AWD on 10/1/21
Build week was 8/29/22
Delivery was supposed to be today (9/29) - 10/5

just called and they said it got pushed back & is now estimated for 10/24

it’s getting comical at this point!
Great galloping goobers! A year plus? Did you get offered a reason?

Believe you now hold the record. Sorry.

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
ordered oct 4 I think - mine has been siting in KC rail yard since Sept 10, and is not expected until the second half of Oct. I will be over a year. (Why does it sit in the rail yard so long!?)

The KC rail yard is about a 8 hr drive from my house / the dealer.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nope! No reason.
Who did you talk to, Ford or the dealer?

If it were me, I would be contacting the dealer every week for updates and reasons. Somebody owes you an explanation and an apology.
Sponsored