Time for Updated Ford Statement on BlueCruise and Electronic Front Trunk Release?

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Ford appears to be lost in space when it comes to fixing software bugs, BC, Paak, EA, and any form of meaningful communication. But hey we can play tic-tac-toe, yippee.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford appears to be lost in space when it comes to fixing software bugs, BC, Paak, EA, and any form of meaningful communication. But hey we can play tic-tac-toe, yippee.
Not everyone can play Tic-Tac-Toe... ?

EvanMD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, SR, AWD
Country flag
I just spoke with the Ford Marketing Department. After providing my VIN (A24XXX), the agent was able to check the current status of services available on my vehicle. She then indicated that BlueCruise is showing in her system as now slated for a "Fall" release and some vehicles may need to iterate through multiple OTA "PowerUps" before BlueCruise actually activates. Owners will receive a message when the BlueCruise update is queued for your vehicle.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I just spoke with the Ford Marketing Department. After providing my VIN (A24XXX), the agent was able to check the current status of services available on my vehicle. She then indicated that BlueCruise is showing in her system as now slated for a "Fall" release and some vehicles may need to iterate through multiple OTA "PowerUps" before BlueCruise actually activates. Owners will receive a message when the BlueCruise update is queued for your vehicle.
Fall 2021 or Fall 2022?

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Wow! You got more information than I did! They supposedly transferred me to the “BlueCruise Department” yesterday, and the guy first claimed that BlueCruise “was only available in MY22 vehicles. Then he claimed that they couldn’t deploy it to existing vehicles because there were problems with the software and it wasn’t ready for production. I asked him why cars were coming from the factory with the software and his answer was that the buyers had paid for it. So I said I’d be willing to pay for it. He then went back to saying there were problems with the software and it wasn’t ready for production. He also kept asking (as did other people in the call chain) if my car had the proper hardware for BlueCruise. I have a Premium ER AWD manufactured in early February (reserved in December 2019 and converted to an order in June 2020) so, by definition, my car is supposed to have all the hardware needed for BlueCruise. I’m beginning to wonder if there might also be a hardware issue with the early build Mustang Mach Es that prevents them from being BlueCruise capable?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
But I'm there with you, I think they just need to bite the bullet, pull the trigger on the OTA and stop worrying in a corner that it's going to brick a lot of cars.
Said no one in management who wants to stay employed.

There's an entire thread or two on this forum with people having problems getting 1.7.1 to update properly. There will be no OTA of BlueCruise until Ford works the OTA update process out.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Said no one in management who wants to stay employed.

There's an entire thread or two on this forum with people having problems getting 1.7.1 to update properly. There will be no OTA of BlueCruise until Ford works the OTA update process out.
I think very few are having problems with updating properly. The thread is about Ford just not sending the update out in the first place

node

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER
There's a new SSM that talks about the FordPass Frunk button not working. It mentions an expected release of the OTA to enable this feature in late December 2021. If this was brought up as a concern with the dealer, they are expected to follow up in January 2022 to see if you received the update.

The SSM does not explicitly state that the dealer will install it for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if they revise this as the update starts to roll out.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Is it weird that I still don't have the frunk button on my FordPass even though I have the latest version and the latest OTA?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is it weird that I still don't have the frunk button on my FordPass even though I have the latest version and the latest OTA?
No. It was only there after a BCM update in the car, and now it's been removed from that also.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Wow! You got more information than I did! They supposedly transferred me to the “BlueCruise Department” yesterday, and the guy first claimed that BlueCruise “was only available in MY22 vehicles. Then he claimed that they couldn’t deploy it to existing vehicles because there were problems with the software and it wasn’t ready for production. I asked him why cars were coming from the factory with the software and his answer was that the buyers had paid for it. So I said I’d be willing to pay for it. He then went back to saying there were problems with the software and it wasn’t ready for production. He also kept asking (as did other people in the call chain) if my car had the proper hardware for BlueCruise. I have a Premium ER AWD manufactured in early February (reserved in December 2019 and converted to an order in June 2020) so, by definition, my car is supposed to have all the hardware needed for BlueCruise. I’m beginning to wonder if there might also be a hardware issue with the early build Mustang Mach Es that prevents them from being BlueCruise capable?
If that is true Ford is going to be in a world of hurt as that opens them up to a lawsuit and I would fully expect to be able to find a few lawyers willing to take as a class action. Every early build would require ford to either have our comes in to the dealer and they install the needed parts or they are giving everyone person a pretty penny in lose value of their cars and get hit with false advertisement.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If that is true Ford is going to be in a world of hurt as that opens them up to a lawsuit and I would fully expect to be able to find a few lawyers willing to take as a class action. Every early build would require ford to either have our comes in to the dealer and they install the needed parts or they are giving everyone person a pretty penny in lose value of their cars and get hit with false advertisement.
Ok, I’m only speculating. The hardware could be fine. I’m just trying to speculate on all possible reasons for the delay in deploying BlueCruise, coupled with recent radio silence from Ford. People will recall that earlier on, Ford was quite chatty, with web events, Q&As with members of the design and engineering g team, informative videos, and so on. They seem to have gotten quieter over the past couple of months. I’m sure they’re very busy.
Sponsored