Time frame between order and build date average?

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistent standard. I ordered on September 1st, got a build date on November 4th. Car started being built January 4th. So, for me, it was all of 9 weeks to get a build date, but as we can see from other people, it's been 6 months or more before they get a build date.
Could be soon. Could be longer. Most likely less than a year. That's as accurate as any info is on this topic. Anybody telling you different doesn't really know either.
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
What is your exact build? We've been noticing AWDs are taking longer to schedule.
California Route 1 AWD, there are no other options for it as it comes standard with roof and blue cruise and extended battery. My dealer did remove the park assist from the order.

hyweigh

First Name
Hyrum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Ford Escape, Soon to be Mach-E
Country flag
What has been the average time between build date and getting a production date? I'm on my 4th month and have not got one yet.
I ordered mine online on June 27, 2021. I got the build date in October, and after a few delays and conversion to a 2022 model, it was finally delivered this Tuesday (May 17th). So about 11 months for me.

Dark Matter Grey Premium AWD, extended range with floor protection mats. Lost the touch-less lift gate.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For Mach-E the priority doesn't actually make a difference, Ford goes off of Commodities, then timestamp for Mach-e, unless something has changed. It's likely all of Tustin's orders are P19.

What is your exact build? We've been noticing AWDs are taking longer to schedule.

I believe so. I don't know the ins and outs of supplier parts acquisition, but I assume they're projecting that they'll have the parts ready at the time of build. If they don't or there's a disruption, they move builds around.
Thanks for the reply. My understanding is that "Ford Scheduling" will not schedule an order from a dealer that has assigned 19 as dealer priority (it is rock bottom rating within dealer's purview.) If Ford Scheduling encounters a dealer in the allocation roulette that has ALL priority 19, dealer will be passed over, i.e. no orders scheduled, no matter the model. In this theory, dealer has to raise one to 10 before they can get any of their orders scheduled. If priority doesn't matter, and model does matter, then Premium AWD ER red orders will remain unscheduled as long as Ford Scheduling continues to pass over those retail orders for other reasons, no matter how long that order has been pending. Why wouldn't a dealer just keep putting dealer orders at top priority for their dealership, then sell the rejected orders when the retail buyer gives up hope and yields their order after 9 month of waiting? It does appear that a dealer priority of 19 has no chance of ever being built, regardless of model. It's really hard to get info on this subject.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Time frame between order and build date average? 1653016777070

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seramonteford.com
Vehicles
2023 Mach E RWD X, 2003 BMW Z4, 2013 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
California Route 1 AWD, there are no other options for it as it comes standard with roof and blue cruise and extended battery. My dealer did remove the park assist from the order.
FWIW 5 of our 12 scheduled orders this week were CA Rte 1 AWDs. Check with you dealer to see if it scheduled this week.

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seramonteford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. My understanding is that "Ford Scheduling" will not schedule an order from a dealer that has assigned 19 as dealer priority (it is rock bottom rating within dealer's purview.) If Ford Scheduling encounters a dealer in the allocation roulette that has ALL priority 19, dealer will be passed over, i.e. no orders scheduled, no matter the model. In this theory, dealer has to raise one to 10 before they can get any of their orders scheduled. If priority doesn't matter, and model does matter, then Premium AWD ER red orders will remain unscheduled as long as Ford Scheduling continues to pass over those retail orders for other reasons, no matter how long that order has been pending. Why wouldn't a dealer just keep putting dealer orders at top priority for their dealership, then sell the rejected orders when the retail buyer gives up hope and yields their order after 9 month of waiting? It does appear that a dealer priority of 19 has no chance of ever being built, regardless of model. It's really hard to get info on this subject.
1653016777070.gif
Mach E is handled differently than other model lines. In normal model lines Priority codes break down to the following:
Ford Internal 01-09
Dealer Retail Orders 10-19
Dealer Stock 20-79

The lower the number the greater the importance within our order bank. Priority codes don't matter outside of that individual dealer. Basically, the priority codes allow us to tell Ford which orders we'd like scheduled first if commodities allow. If all of our priorities are the same, it will pull the earliest order. Again, this is for Non-OTD orders (OTD is a newer scheduling system Ford is using, Mach-E is OTD)

Now, for Mach-E, the timestamp is the governing factor as to what order they will be scheduled. Identical units within the same dealer's order bank will be ranked by earliest timestamp, the priority doesn't matter.

Premium AWD ER is the hardest to schedule as it has the most features (CP360A+, Glass Roof, Extended battery, AWD, B/O Sound, etc...)

Premium and CA Rte 1s use two different motors, a larger, more powerful main in the rear, and a smaller, secondary for the front axle. GT uses two primary motors.

I suspect that this is the reason that GTs and RWDs are easier to schedule. Ford likely ordered less of the smaller front motors initially because of the desire for maximum range in the EV space. I also suspect that they anticipated higher take rates of GT vs. Premiums. This is not based on any sort of internal knowledge, just my experience and looking at the orders that are scheduling.

I can't see your dealer's order bank, but I can see mine, and there are definitely trends in what orders are being scheduled. Premium ER with AWD are my oldest unscheduled orders, then Rte1 AWD, then Premium RWD std range.

All of my orders are P19, except for two that customers specifically asked me to change to P10. Neither of the P10s have scheduled. One of those that hasn't scheduled is a RTE 1 AWD, 5 others with P19s scheduled yesterday because they have earlier timestamps.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Mach E is handled differently than other model lines. In normal model lines Priority codes break down to the following:
Ford Internal 01-09
Dealer Retail Orders 10-19
Dealer Stock 20-79

The lower the number the greater the importance within our order bank. Priority codes don't matter outside of that individual dealer. Basically, the priority codes allow us to tell Ford which orders we'd like scheduled first if commodities allow. If all of our priorities are the same, it will pull the earliest order. Again, this is for Non-OTD orders (OTD is a newer scheduling system Ford is using, Mach-E is OTD)

Now, for Mach-E, the timestamp is the governing factor as to what order they will be scheduled. Identical units within the same dealer's order bank will be ranked by earliest timestamp, the priority doesn't matter.

Premium AWD ER is the hardest to schedule as it has the most features (CP360A+, Glass Roof, Extended battery, AWD, B/O Sound, etc...)

Premium and CA Rte 1s use two different motors, a larger, more powerful main in the rear, and a smaller, secondary for the front axle. GT uses two primary motors.

I suspect that this is the reason that GTs and RWDs are easier to schedule. Ford likely ordered less of the smaller front motors initially because of the desire for maximum range in the EV space. I also suspect that they anticipated higher take rates of GT vs. Premiums. This is not based on any sort of internal knowledge, just my experience and looking at the orders that are scheduling.

I can't see your dealer's order bank, but I can see mine, and there are definitely trends in what orders are being scheduled. Premium ER with AWD are my oldest unscheduled orders, then Rte1 AWD, then Premium RWD std range.

All of my orders are P19, except for two that customers specifically asked me to change to P10. Neither of the P10s have scheduled. One of those that hasn't scheduled is a RTE 1 AWD, 5 others with P19s scheduled yesterday because they have earlier timestamps.
Thank you for your excellent explanation and quick response.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Time frame between order and build date average? 1653070315308

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What dealer are you working with, I have a couple of contacts down there.
Autonation Ford Tustin, Elmer is decent, qualified person who largely gives me shrugs or "I don't know" when I ask questions. Don't know if "blame" is appropriate at my stage of knowledge and do not assume that an individual deserves any, or the dealer, or the "crypto currency miners" for hogging all the microchips. ;) The real test will be in honoring the price protection and no-ADM promises.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Time frame between order and build date average? 1653071816028

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seramonteford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
Autonation Ford Tustin, Elmer is decent, qualified person who largely gives me shrugs or "I don't know" when I ask questions. Don't know if "blame" is appropriate at my stage of knowledge and do not assume that an individual deserves any, or the dealer, or the "crypto currency miners" for hogging all the microchips. ;) The real test will be in honoring the price protection and no-ADM promises.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Time frame between order and build date average? 1653071816028
Don't know them over there. The salespeople normally don't know or necessarily care about the process.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
FWIW 5 of our 12 scheduled orders this week were CA Rte 1 AWDs. Check with you dealer to see if it scheduled this week.
Thanks but I already have scheduled date, it was 6/13 then changed to 6/20, fingers crossed.

Kks17

First Name
Kam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
I finally got my dealer to provide a order number. What is a priority 10? Is that a good thing? I ordered from the dealer on may 19th/22 Canada. MME AWD SR premium in black. Status unscheduled-Clean.
Sponsored