Time frame between order and build date average?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Scheduling is done on Thursdays. If you submitted your order online, you can check your reservation page on Thursday to see if you got scheduled. If you submitted your order directly with the dealer, you will need to have your dealer let you know if you were scheduled. Also what exactly did you order. That has a big impact on timing. GTs and Selects seam to get a build date the quickest. Premium are the longest.
The "schedule week of..." information is compiled from info posted to this forum by the Admin, which is from blueovalforum.com, I think. The batch information on this forum comes entirely from forum participants who have access to their window sticker AND report them in some thread, usually the "build week for X/XX/2022" thread.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Time frame between order and build date average? 1652569315559
Sponsored

MWhalen3

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistent standard. I ordered on September 1st, got a build date on November 4th. Car started being built January 4th. So, for me, it was all of 9 weeks to get a build date, but as we can see from other people, it's been 6 months or more before they get a build date.
8 months (+8 days) for me from order to scheduled build.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What has been the average time between build date and getting a production date? I'm on my 4th month and have not got one yet.
Ordered 11/4/2021, got a build date sometime in February for 3/14/2022.

OP
OP
JimboSlice

JimboSlice

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Sonic, Mach-E and Safari
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Country flag

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistent standard. I ordered on September 1st, got a build date on November 4th. Car started being built January 4th. So, for me, it was all of 9 weeks to get a build date, but as we can see from other people, it's been 6 months or more before they get a build date.
between 6 weeks and 10,000 years seems to be standard :rolleyes:

genie.jpg

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicles
2023 Mach E RWD X, 2003 BMW Z4, 2013 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
To the best of my knowledge, before ordering was closed, Ford was quoting 20 weeks for Select, 20-24 weeks for CA Rte 1, and 28+ weeks for Premium/GT.

From what we've been seeing at our store, those numbers are fairly accurate with a few units being held for Microchips taking longer. The oldest order I have is from 8/21/21 after that it's 10/1/21. The longest outlook we have right now not including the August order is Approximately 9-10 months, but most of our orders are on track for Ford's predications at order bank close.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
To the best of my knowledge, before ordering was closed, Ford was quoting 20 weeks for Select, 20-24 weeks for CA Rte 1, and 28+ weeks for Premium/GT.

From what we've been seeing at our store, those numbers are fairly accurate with a few units being held for Microchips taking longer. The oldest order I have is from 8/21/21 after that it's 10/1/21. The longest outlook we have right now not including the August order is Approximately 9-10 months, but most of our orders are on track for Ford's predications at order bank close.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mach-es-yet-to-be-grumpy-in.3145/post-422486
for what reasons would a dealer (Autonation Ford Tustin) keep a retail order at priority 19 for 23 weeks?

OP
OP
JimboSlice

JimboSlice

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Sonic, Mach-E and Safari
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Country flag
My question was answered! I just got a production date (7/25) and it took 4 months.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
32 weeks for me from ordered to expected production week, California Route 1 AWD.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag

When they schedule a build, does that mean that they have all the needed parts to build that car?

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mach-es-yet-to-be-grumpy-in.3145/post-422486
for what reasons would a dealer (Autonation Ford Tustin) keep a retail order at priority 19 for 23 weeks?
32 weeks for me from ordered to expected production week, California Route 1 AWD.
For Mach-E the priority doesn't actually make a difference, Ford goes off of Commodities, then timestamp for Mach-e, unless something has changed. It's likely all of Tustin's orders are P19.

What is your exact build? We've been noticing AWDs are taking longer to schedule.

When they schedule a build, does that mean that they have all the needed parts to build that car?
I believe so. I don't know the ins and outs of supplier parts acquisition, but I assume they're projecting that they'll have the parts ready at the time of build. If they don't or there's a disruption, they move builds around.

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
For Mach-E the priority doesn't actually make a difference, Ford goes off of Commodities, then timestamp for Mach-e, unless something has changed.
How does the dealer allocation factor in?

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
How does the dealer allocation factor in?
That's a good question. I wasn't in the role I am in now when the Mach-E reservation system was rolled out, so I wasn't privy to the allocation formula. From what I understand, it only mattered for stock units, 99% of our retail orders went through Ford.com, and those are built in order of receipt (within the commodity restrictions).
Sponsored