Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Project Mgr
Country flag
Sorry if this question has been asked before but does anyone know what the leadtime is after the production date? I'm Dec 7th so will they deliver before year end?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I was at a Mach E Road Tour event in NJ today. I was asking about time from build to delivery. He didn't want to be pinned down, but he did give me some additional info. All cars will first be shipped to Kansas City, where they will be put on trains to go east or west. He said they were doing it this way to prevent additional delays.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was at a Mach E Road Tour event in NJ today. I was asking about time from build to delivery. He didn't want to be pinned down, but he did give me some additional info. All cars will first be shipped to Kansas City, where they will be put on trains to go east or west. He said they were doing it this way to prevent additional delays.
Nice intel!

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
In 1970, I hitchhiked from CA to see relatives on the east coast. When I got to Evanston Wyoming, there were multiple people hitchhiking from there, so we hopped on a freight train and rode it to Kansas City. At that point, we got off since the train car we were on (rocket engine casings) was probably headed south to Huntsville. That train yard was huge, it seemed to be a hub with tracks in every direction. They had little hills where the separated cars could coast down into the train it was being connected to. It seems like a good place for that unless the cars are going to the west coast, in which case it would take a while to get there by that route. Perhaps there is a second hub in LA or somewhere.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
My dealership is about 3 hours by car from KC. Think it will still hop a train to Des Moines, IA or be trucked? Just curious.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Sorry if this question has been asked before but does anyone know what the leadtime is after the production date? I'm Dec 7th so will they deliver before year end?
My production ended on 10/5 and my delivery here in Colorado will likely be around 12/5. As others have mentioned, there is a lot of variability in the whole process. Unfortunately, there is zero communication from Ford or the dealer and even less accountability. Nobody owns the process of getting your car to you that you can talk to.
Sponsored