First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That info is so great, thank you!! Can’t wait to get started on those resources.
Fantastic! I love a fellow learner. ?

By shield protection I mean something like Bray windshield protector. It’s a film (1, 2 or 4 layers) that absorbs rocks and such. I’ve had to change the windshield on every car I’ve had multiple times and would love to just get this right out of the gate and not have to worry.

But I also want to get the front windows tinted and some extra UV/IR protection for the windshield and it’s not clear if you can combine those things or not. And im not sure I trust the car shop to not just sell me a bunch of stuff even if it’s redundant or doesn’t work together.

would also love to protect the glass roof but not sure Bray makes a film for that yet. Thank you again?
Ah got it. Yeah I don't know anything about those films... But I would point out that if you are getting the Premium or GT models, the windshield already has an infrared rejection layer in it. And the roof glass is very darkly tinted. I don't feel any heat coming in through the roof at all. (Yeah if you touch it, it's hot glass of course. But you don't feel the heat even an inch away.)

This is the reason I only tinted the front side windows. Well this plus the cost to also tint the rear windows was too high, considering those ones come with basic tinting in them anyway.

There's been several other threads here on tinting and other protection films... Maybe search those and read up more. I seem to remember people noting that putting a film onto the panoramic roof could somehow compromise it? And putting film of any kind (even clear film) on the front windshield may be illegal where you live, but I know some people do it anyway.
Sponsored

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Fantastic! I love a fellow learner. ?
Ah got it. Yeah I don't know anything about those films... But I would point out that if you are getting the Premium or GT models, the windshield already has an infrared rejection layer in it. And the roof glass is very darkly tinted. I don't feel any heat coming in through the roof at all. (Yeah if you touch it, it's hot glass of course. But you don't feel the heat even an inch away.)

I seem to remember people noting that putting a film onto the panoramic roof could somehow compromise it? And putting film of any kind (even clear film) on the front windshield may be illegal where you live, but I know some people do it anyway.
I am getting a premium! That’s great! I knew the roof glass had IRR but hadn’t read anything about the windshield having it so that’s wonderful, thanks for mentioning it.

and yes, I read a thread or 2 here that said the same thing, that adding something extra to the roof would make it brittle and dangerous. Will leave it alone.

Side front window tinting it is for me as well then! And I will probably still do the Brays, laws be damned ?