Wyostang

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
sorry just want to touch on this - I know from years of experience on my 2013 Fusion Energi it won't activate climate / preconditioning ("Go Times") on 120V, only 240V (I've had people argue with me about this on FB but they are wrong; I've parked dozens of times at the airport on 120V and know it never does it on 120V).

Are you saying that the Mach-E won't do it on 120V either, or it will just use battery to do so but it will do it (so basically on 120V you end up doing a net battery loss, just less than without the 120V)? I don't remember seeing anything around this in the manuals.
I just got my charger installed, so spent the first week charging on 120V. Have a relatively short commute so generally worked ok. I did have the departure set to "Medium" and the car was warmed up on the 120v charger everyday I had it plugged in. I've found if not plugged in the departure won't activate the climate control. Have to manually remote start for that.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I just got my charger installed, so spent the first week charging on 120V. Have a relatively short commute so generally worked ok. I did have the departure set to "Medium" and the car was warmed up on the 120v charger everyday I had it plugged in. I've found if not plugged in the departure won't activate the climate control. Have to manually remote start for that.
thank you!

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Now that I've done my first charge, I would recommend putting in the 50AMP charging circuit. My pre-existing EVSE does 32AMPs maximum. It takes a while to fill that bigger ER battery up.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Didn't see this posted anywhere...

Setting up PaaK is not completely intuitive and took a couple of tries before I understood what was going on because nothing appears on the car display like a "normal" pairing. When you set up PaaK, the Ford Pass App will give you a temporary Bluetooth passcode. Make note of this, you'll need it. When you click Copy and Continue on the next screen you'll see a prompt to pair "<numerical code> Mach E". Enter the code from the previous app screen. This will establish a dedicated pairing to your MachE for the key. Done correctly, you should see two Bluetooth pairings, assuming you've already paired the phone for Media and Phone. The one for the media will show up as "Mustang Mach E" and the "<Numerical Code> Mach E" for the key.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Now that I've done my first charge, I would recommend putting in the 50AMP charging circuit. My pre-existing EVSE does 32AMPs maximum. It takes a while to fill that bigger ER battery up.
Agree, although I have not yet taken delivery of the MM-E, I did pay an electrician to install a 240 outlet which feeds from 50 amp panel in the garage. Then using the Ford supplied charge cord, I expect to pump in 30 amps into the car, about 20 miles of range for each charging hour, good enough for overnight charging.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Magical, a reset instantly got me 25miles more at 99% charge!
82692AF1-4004-4742-8BD4-63F5B6B24FFA.jpeg
Just so the new people know that are reading the forum, trying to learn about this new EV thing. "Jericho" didn't magically get 25 more miles of range. What he means is the "Guess-O-Meter" is now suggesting he can go another 25 miles on a single charge. He did this by erasing the historical data in the car's memory that may have included cold weather or racing. The distance he can go is independent, and most likely longer than that guess.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
this is a good question for folks that have their cars and are willing to experiment I guess.

if nobody has played before I get mine in a month ?, I'll play with it some, because I really would like to know this answer.
Yes will pre condition when not plugged in

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Just so the new people know that are reading the forum, trying to learn about this new EV thing. "Jericho" didn't magically get 25 more miles of range. What he means is the "Guess-O-Meter" is now suggesting he can go another 25 miles on a single charge. He did this by erasing the historical data in the car's memory that may have included cold weather or racing. The distance he can go is independent, and most likely longer than that guess.
I’ve never owned an EV. I’m trying to figure out how accurate the mileage available On an EV is. It’s based on driving history?

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I’ve never owned an EV. I’m trying to figure out how accurate the mileage available On an EV is. It’s based on driving history?
Ford said the GOM would be based on recent driving history like almost EVs, but also weather, terrain, and other MachE drivers near you.
That last one has the potential to make the car way more accurate over time and comes with downfalls.

With some miles under your belt, you’ll figure out how to adjust it for your style of driving.

Some people ignore miles and focus on %. When I bought my first BEV, I drove it 1100 miles home. That got rid of my range anxiety. Just drive it.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
------------

the 'range' number displayed is a guess based on remaining battery capacity and driving history. It should not be considered 'accurate' as it could change depending on temperature, if current trip is different than average (city/highway/flat/mountains). If you normally drive stop and go around town, you'll want to 'reset' the history if you begin a long roadtrip so it will re-calibrate the range estimate based on the kWhr/mile consumed on your trip... and give you a better estimate when you need to start looking for a place to charge.

urban/suburban trips will give you a much different range than a long highway trip BECAUSE without stop/go regenerative braking events, and at highway speeds, you will consume more energy per mile, and not have much 'regenerated' unless you are going generally downhill with opportunities to use the L button or 1-pedal regen mode. Conversely, if you are road tripping from a lower elevation, and generally going uphill all day you will need to look for a charge station much sooner.

so.... I'd say that the way to get the most accurate range estimate is to 'reset driving history' if you are changing the type of trip you are setting out on...

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
------------

the 'range' number displayed is a guess based on remaining battery capacity and driving history. It should not be considered 'accurate' as it could change depending on temperature, if current trip is different than average (city/highway/flat/mountains). If you normally drive stop and go around town, you'll want to 'reset' the history if you begin a long roadtrip so it will re-calibrate the range estimate based on the kWhr/mile consumed on your trip... and give you a better estimate when you need to start looking for a place to charge.

urban/suburban trips will give you a much different range than a long highway trip BECAUSE without stop/go regenerative braking events, and at highway speeds, you will consume more energy per mile, and not have much 'regenerated' unless you are going generally downhill with opportunities to use the L button or 1-pedal regen mode. Conversely, if you are road tripping from a lower elevation, and generally going uphill all day you will need to look for a charge station much sooner.

so.... I'd say that the way to get the most accurate range estimate is to 'reset driving history' if you are changing the type of trip you are setting out on...
Ok thank you for that explanation. I don’t have my MME yet but looking forward to figuring everything out! I mostly drive around town and my office is 10 miles away so I’m not worried that I will run out of power, well, not that worried!

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I disagree with the strategy of resetting your history. The point of the history is to make it more accurate. I consider the GOM mostly accurate on Both my cars. Obviously you can make it not accurate by drastically changing one of the parameters it uses for its estimation (start towing a boat).
Every time you reset the history the car has to relearn your driving style.

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Not only am I new to EVs I’m also new to high tech cars and was wondering if anyone has links to condensed, reliable information? I still don’t understand if you should use Sync 4 and CarPlay together or if it’s a one or the other situation.

And if anyone has condensed information on different window treatments. Do you do ceramic tint on windows with shield protection? Rain X? Not asking for long answers (unless you want to!) but more like “this YouTube channel is good/reliable” etc. thanks so much!:)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Not only am I new to EVs I’m also new to high tech cars and was wondering if anyone has links to condensed, reliable information?
Blog posts: look for Sam Abuelsamid's articles

EV podcast: Inside EVs (just their podcast... The web site blog posts are mostly hot trash.)

Consumer Reports and Edmunds may have some good stuff, too.

I still don’t understand if you should use Sync 4 and CarPlay together or if it’s a one or the other situation.
They mix and match. For instance you can use the vehicle's built in Navigation while listening to music streamed from your phone. Or vice versa. Whatever you like.

Do you do ceramic tint on windows with shield protection?
What is shield protection?

I just had ceramic tint applied to the front two windows a few days ago. Even though they are acoustic laminated from the factory, you can still combine with window films like ceramic or whatever and it's fine.

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
What is shield protection?

I just had ceramic tint applied to the front two windows a few days ago. Even though they are acoustic laminated from the factory, you can still combine with window films like ceramic or whatever and it's fine.
That info is so great, thank you!! Can’t wait to get started on those resources.

By shield protection I mean something like Bray windshield protector. It’s a film (1, 2 or 4 layers) that absorbs rocks and such. I’ve had to change the windshield on every car I’ve had multiple times and would love to just get this right out of the gate and not have to worry.

But I also want to get the front windows tinted and some extra UV/IR protection for the windshield and it’s not clear if you can combine those things or not. And im not sure I trust the car shop to not just sell me a bunch of stuff even if it’s redundant or doesn’t work together.

would also love to protect the glass roof but not sure Bray makes a film for that yet. Thank you again?
Sponsored