Tired of the front center speaker, need help in accessing it

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
While I do enjoy my music slightly louder than most, that front center speaker needs it own volume control!
Now I am pretty adept at modifying electronics and adding a seperate volume control for an individual channel, but I lack the knowledge of how to access the center speaker!
If there is someone knowledgeable on the removal of said speaker, maybe I and others can finally be able to enjoy the "Stock" B&O sound sytem in a true stereo or surround setting.
Any help would be appreciated

Tony
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While I do enjoy my music slightly louder than most, that front center speaker needs it own volume control!
Now I am pretty adept at modifying electronics and adding a seperate volume control for an individual channel, but I lack the knowledge of how to access the center speaker!
If there is someone knowledgeable on the removal of said speaker, maybe I and others can finally be able to enjoy the "Stock" B&O sound sytem in a true stereo or surround setting.
Any help would be appreciated

Tony
Tony, unless you have your audio system set to Surround mode, there should be no sound coming out of the center speaker when playing music. I do get that it is a bit too loud in the Surround mode but I don't use that mode anyway. Messes up the imaging for me.

Anyway, to gain access to the center speaker is fairly easy. The grill over the speaker unsnaps and lifts up then you can remove the speaker.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tired of the front center speaker, need help in accessing it Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 6.28.38 AM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tired of the front center speaker, need help in accessing it Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 6.28.59 AM

OP
OP
BalsaDust

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for that info Mark, I also have tried both surround sound and stereo mode and that center speaker is louder than anything else. I should mention I do have partial loss of hearing in my left ear, but it been that way for more years than I care to remember.
I am going to try some foam to help muffle it a bit but I get the feeling an inline volume control may be needed to tone it down enough.
This is something I will be working on over the next few weeks as I have time,

Tony

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tony, in my past couple of cars, I have completely just disconnected the center speaker. I did not do this in the MME because in the stereo mode, I don't get any audio out of it (for music) so left it alone.

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I set the fade balance to the center of the back seat. This tamps down the center speaker volume.

I think it sounds better too…

I keep it on surround sound and it sounds good to me.

OP
OP
BalsaDust

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I set the fade balance to the center of the back seat. This tamps down the center speaker volume.

I think it sounds better too…

I keep it on surround sound and it sounds good to me.
I have been doing the same for the past year and a half but lately my adult daughter has been on trip with us and I litterally need to keep the volume so low I can't make out the music over the road noise. (streets in this part of the country are horrible) I try to adjust it back forward but then even my wife conplains that center speaker is too loud.

Tony
Sponsored