4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
I just got the vehicle about a week ago and I cant get the parking assist to work. Im hitting the parking button and then navigate to parking on the screen but it immediately goes to a map of nearby parking garages on the map. Ive never gotten the screen where you get to scan for a spot or choose what type of parallel/perpendicular parking like most of the youtube videos after you hit the navigate to parking button. Can someone give me advice on what to do? Thanks.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just got the vehicle about a week ago and I cant get the parking assist to work. Im hitting the parking button and then navigate to parking on the screen but it immediately goes to a map of nearby parking garages on the map. Ive never gotten the screen where you get to scan for a spot or choose what type of parallel/perpendicular parking like most of the youtube videos after you hit the navigate to parking button. Can someone give me advice on what to do? Thanks.
If you just got the car a week ago, there's a good chance that it came with the Park Assist "prep kit" and not the necessary hardware for Park Assist to work.

OP
OP

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Sorry, what does that mean? Does that mean I will never have the hardware or that I can get it installed at a later date? Is there a way to verify if I have the "prep kit"? The dealer never mentioned it and I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt know as well.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Sorry, what does that mean? Does that mean I will never have the hardware or that I can get it installed at a later date? Is there a way to verify if I have the "prep kit"? The dealer never mentioned it and I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt know as well.
Look at your window sticker or paperwork you received from the dealer. You should see a line item for Park Assist Prep Kit with a credit of $325. Ford has said that the hardware to enable Park Assist will be available at a later date for the affected vehicles, but they did not give an ETA or a cost.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Basically if built after first quarter of 2022 the Park Assist was removed due to supply issues.

OP
OP

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Look at your window sticker or paperwork you received from the dealer. You should see a line item for Park Assist Prep Kit with a credit of $325. Ford has said that the hardware to enable Park Assist will be available at a later date for the affected vehicles, but they did not give an ETA or a cost.
You are absolutely on point. I looked at the window sticker that that's exactly what's on there. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. I hope I can get it installed at a later date without too much expense.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Honestly, it’s not all that and a bag of chips. I’ve found it moves a little too quickly (yes, you can put your foot on the brake to slow it down) and comes a little too close to other cars for MY personal comfort. The backup camera works fantastically for parallel parking on your own. I’ve used the automatic parking maybe twice and just found it to be too aggressive for my comfort.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The main issue I have with the Park Assist function is WHERE it parks you. If you pull in a lot / garage, and there are 10 empty spaces, and then a car, it parks next to the car. I park at the 10th space, on the end, as far away as possible.

The parallel parking is helpful if you parallel park a lot.

With a 360 degree camera, parking is quite easy. I'm constantly astonished at the number of people that drive their Mach-E into a post or something. Why didn't you stop, turn on the camera, and then proceed?

I can tell you that the majority of people can't be bothered to use it.

OP
OP

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Can I use this to park in my garage? I literally have 2-3 inches on each side getting in and the mirrors dont fold in when im trying to park. Just curious.

I do find the camera is very good for backing into a space, but im a little leery every time I parallel park because I dont want to scrape my rims on the curb. Ive parallel parked a tesla and gotten burned with that once or twice.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Can I use this to park in my garage? I literally have 2-3 inches on each side getting in and the mirrors dont fold in when im trying to park. Just curious.
You must be in the car holding the Park Assist button down for it to park. So if you wanted to us it to park in your garage and there's not enough room to open the door, then you'd need to climb out the tailgate - that is if it would park in your tight-clearance garage at all. (Hint: it won't.)

You can trigger your mirrors to fold/unfold by pressing the top left button on the mirror-adjust cluster on the driver's door.
Ford Mustang Mach-E trouble with parking assist Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 6.02.41 PM

I do find the camera is very good for backing into a space, but im a little leery every time I parallel park because I dont want to scrape my rims on the curb. Ive parallel parked a tesla and gotten burned with that once or twice.
If you have Forscan and the right OBD adapter you can turn on mirror tilt. See this thread. It helps tremendously.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Honestly, it’s not all that and a bag of chips. I’ve found it moves a little too quickly (yes, you can put your foot on the brake to slow it down) and comes a little too close to other cars for MY personal comfort. The backup camera works fantastically for parallel parking on your own. I’ve used the automatic parking maybe twice and just found it to be too aggressive for my comfort.
I've only used it a few times... don't parallel park so often. Yes, it seems quick at first but once I realized that... not really a problem. I let it do it's thing.

When I let someone else try it while I was passenger, I warned "it seems quick but just let it go- leave the hands off the wheel and feet on the floor" and still the foot hit the brake part way thru.

OP
OP

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Thank you everybody, I looked everywhere on the center console for the mirror adjustment and didnt even think to look at the door buttons. Duh.

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Thank you everybody, I looked everywhere on the center console for the mirror adjustment and didnt even think to look at the door buttons. Duh.

The button to fold/unfold the side mirrors is on the driver's door on the top left of the circle that adjusts the mirrors.
Sponsored