Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
these legit look really nice. I'm gonna have to stop myself from spending even more money on my Mach-E and buying them.

I do have a birthday coming up and my girlfriend was asking what I wanted... ?
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
These mats are very nice in person, but I have to say I don't think the really overly high side part is needed. It looks kind of odd sticking up there like that. I've never had dirt get to that area in any car, so I'm not sure what the purpose is. Maybe a bit overkill.

After trying to fit these in the drivers area, I have come to the conclusion that it will be unusable. The side part is bent in and blocks the pedal. I do not want to have to clip (which they do include many) this silly extra tall side piece to stay out of the way, which for me defeats the purpose of these. Therefore, I can't recommenced them at all and will be removing them and trying a different brand. It really is too bad since they otherwise seem like nice mats.

Last edited:

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
These mats are very nice in person, but I have to say I don't think the really overly high side part is needed. It looks kind of odd sticking up there like that. I've never had dirt get to that area in any car, so I'm not sure what the purpose is. Maybe a bit overkill.
These mats are designed for snow country, where 6" is considered a flurry. Pretty easy to splash, especially at either end of the snow season when there is a lot of slush.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
These mats are designed for snow country, where 6" is considered a flurry. Pretty easy to splash, especially at either end of the snow season when there is a lot of slush.
Ok, well I guess I made a mistake then.. probably cost more to return than it cost.

Last edited:

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ok, well I guess I made a mistake then.. probably cost more to return than it cost. Anyone in Maryland/DC Virginia area who wants a front only set real cheap, PM me.
But, Tuxmats are also just warm and cozy in the cold and look good, you might still like them.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Ok, well I guess I made a mistake then.. probably cost more to return than it cost. Anyone in Maryland/DC Virginia area who wants a front only set real cheap, PM me.
You might want to just let them sit for a bit and take on their natural form. Sounds like yours might just be bent from being in the box.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
that's some real "Captain Kirk talking to an evil computer" stuff right there.
Spock: "The Captain is a liar."
Kirk: "I am lying."
Android - Freaks out trying to reconcile the two statements, then crashes.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
You might want to just let them sit for a bit and take on their natural form. Sounds like yours might just be bent from being in the box.
Maybe, but they're bigger than I need and would be hard to take in and out of the car to empty which I do a lot.

The company was nice enough to send me a return label. props!

Last edited:

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Not trying to hijack...

I have had my eye on the 3D MAXpider Kagu mats, but as I'm waiting for my car I haven't pulled the trigger yet. There are not a lot of comparisons between the two out there, but they are similar in some ways to the Tuxmats, mostly in that they are not butt-ugly like most of the other options.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mustang+mach+e+MAXpider+kagu&ref=nb_sb_noss

MachE MAXpider.JPG

I do like that the MAXpider units have a velcro like backing instead of extra clips that reportedly holds them in place very well and prevents gaps at the perimeter where they rise up around the sills. They also look like they take the design of the cargo shelf in back into consideration and can crease and fold if you want to lift the panel and get underneath it.

MachE MAXpider rear.JPG

Good reviews online - very popular in the Tesla community among others.

Has anyone seen both?
I love these mats in our Model X. I was hoping they would make them for the MME before mine came in!

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I love these mats in our Model X. I was hoping they would make them for the MME before mine came in!
They do make them for the MME

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the 3D MAXpider mats. I like the smoother look of them over the "puffyness" of the TuxMats. I'm trying to hold off on ordering a bunch of stuff for the car before I even have it though. It's nice to get things in anticipation, but I don't want to jinx it at this point by spending a bunch of money on accessories before it's been delivered.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the 3D MAXpider mats. I like the smoother look of them over the "puffyness" of the TuxMats. I'm trying to hold off on ordering a bunch of stuff for the car before I even have it though. It's nice to get things in anticipation, but I don't want to jinx it at this point by spending a bunch of money on accessories before it's been delivered.
The style of the 3d mats are nice. I have them in my ecoboost, but over time the sides are slighly warp and aren't flush anymore. just a tad. Ive always been interested in mats that cover the cars carpet, but most of those mats have ugly diamond designs. this is the first decent one i saw. I'm planning to buy the fronts and rear, but go with something else for cargo prolly.
Sponsored