grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I’m in the same boat as @portlandg... nothing else really grabs my fancy and I’m okay to wait, but I share your frustrations... it’s been so quiet that I’m actually starting to get suspicious.
The quiet before the storm perhaps
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I tweeted @forduk the other day complaining about the lack of info. Got this reply earlier

Hey Grahame, hope you're enjoying the lovely weather in your part of the country and managing to keep cool!
Keep an eye on your inbox for updates coming soon.

Sounds promising or is it just me being optimistic. I really hope we get some sort of info soon.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
How spooky - I sent a tweet to FordUK today and contacted my dealer as well.

Dealer was lovely as always - but didn’t know anything (he even checked the bulletins to make sure he hadn’t missed anything) ... although he did admit I sounded like I knew more than he did ?

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Hi all, seriously hoping to put a deposit down on a mme rwd sr....but i just don't feel like i have enough information, and now coming on here and reading about technology packs...im.so confused. I kind of thought (hoped) everything would be included because it doesn't give any additional options apart from paint colour. Am i wrong?
Also I take it is uses a type 2 charger? Are they doing the grant taken off the price they are quoting or is it already included? So many questions, please help me!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi all, seriously hoping to put a deposit down on a mme rwd sr....but i just don't feel like i have enough information, and now coming on here and reading about technology packs...im.so confused. I kind of thought (hoped) everything would be included because it doesn't give any additional options apart from paint colour. Am i wrong?
Also I take it is uses a type 2 charger? Are they doing the grant taken off the price they are quoting or is it already included? So many questions, please help me!
Hi Lauren we spoke on Facebook. Here we go. The RWD SR doesn't come with much. The AWD SR does have power seats. The ER versions come with all the good bits. If you go to the preorder page on ford.co uk and click on the compare models tab it lists the differences. You have to be careful though as it is difficult to see the numbers that refer to ER only. Prices shown are EXCLUDING the grant. There are NO options (that we know of at the moment) so what you see on the website is what you get. The only option is the paint colour. Hows that for starters.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Hi Lauren we spoke on Facebook. Here we go. The RWD SR doesn't come with much. The AWD SR does have power seats. The ER versions come with all the good bits. If you go to the preorder page on ford.co uk and click on the compare models tab it lists the differences. You have to be careful though as it is difficult to see the numbers that refer to ER only. Prices shown are EXCLUDING the grant. There are NO options (that we know of at the moment) so what you see on the website is what you get. The only option is the paint colour. Hows that for starters.
Thanks so much that will definitely keep me going for starters. I'm sure I will be back with more questions. I have been looking at the page on my phone and can't see the tabs, so will try logging on on my laptop.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks so much that will definitely keep me going for starters. I'm sure I will be back with more questions. I have been looking at the page on my phone and can't see the tabs, so will try logging on on my laptop.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20200813-064927_Samsung Internet

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
This might help also
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 20200411_175339

Rob71

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
hi,

What I find absurd is the price difference between the standard range and the extended range. I just had a look at the UK Ford website for a comparison between the 2. Looking at the AWD standard range the price s GBP 46.650 against a price of GBP 57.030. Over GBP 10k difference.

Looking at the price difference for the Mach E in the US it's only USD 5k, which is rougnly GBP 3.5k.

Can someone explain me why this difference is so big in Europe compared to the US ???

Kind regards,
Rob

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
hi,

What I find absurd is the price difference between the standard range and the extended range. I just had a look at the UK Ford website for a comparison between the 2. Looking at the AWD standard range the price s GBP 46.650 against a price of GBP 57.030. Over GBP 10k difference.

Looking at the price difference for the Mach E in the US it's only USD 5k, which is rougnly GBP 3.5k.

Can someone explain me why this difference is so big in Europe compared to the US ???

Kind regards,
Rob
I thought the same at first. The main reason will be that in the UK the ER option also includes the technology pack as part of the pricing. That plus the bigger battery is the reason for the £9k - £10k difference from a SR model. In the US their models are all specked differently where the tech pack is an option or included with certain models irrespective of battery. However even taking that into account, does the bigger battery and tech pack justify an extra £10k? Definitely not, especially compared to US pricing. I’m peeved off at it too as wanted AWD SR model Plus tech pack but couldn’t justify spending £57k for the ER model. Ford uk have either been very clever or short sighted with their pricing structure and limited models available and virtually no optional extra choices.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
hi,

Kind regards,
Rob
Just been looking at this and I thibk they have priced me out of the market. I only need the Sr rwd, but I also want the technology pack...i can't get it on the car I want; spending £10,000 extra just for it seems madness. Not sure where to go. Been looking at other alternatives and nothing excites me.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just been looking at this and I thibk they have priced me out of the market. I only need the Sr rwd, but I also want the technology pack...i can't get it on the car I want; spending £10,000 extra just for it seems madness. Not sure where to go. Been looking at other alternatives and nothing excites me.
I too originally wanted the RWD SR but I need the better seats with lumber support so that meant upgrading to AWD SR.The whole idea of buying a new car is to better the one you have already. To do that I have to have the all singing all dancing technology as well so that meant the RWD ER. So I have gone from 40,000 ish to 46,000ish to 49,980. I think that the better seats, the tech and the extra range is well worth the additional 10000. If you want the car you want then you have to pay the price. You have to weigh up what need with what you want. To get what you want sometimes you have to compromise.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Have just received this email from Ford. Nice to know that they are finally trying to keep us informed. It's just a shame that what they sent has already been found and seen elsewhere

Screenshot_20200815-120835_Outlook.jpg

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Is it the optimist in me that is hoping that this is a sign that something might be about to happen soon or the pessimist side of me thinking that nothing is near to happening and this is just a vain attempt to keep our interest going. Answers on a postcard please.
I hope it is the former.
Sponsored