UK Customers

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Disappointing response from Ford e sales following a request for an indicative date for opening of Uk orders.

Good Afternoon

I hope you are doing well and keeping safe.

Orders are looking towards the end of the year with more information coming soon.

Kindest Regards

Ford Online Sales Team

Maybe they are as much in the dark as us.
"I can tell you with 100% certainty, that it will be sometime after today and sometime before 2025."
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Disappointing response from Ford e sales following a request for an indicative date for opening of Uk orders.

Good Afternoon

I hope you are doing well and keeping safe.

Orders are looking towards the end of the year with more information coming soon.

Kindest Regards

Ford Online Sales Team

Maybe they are as much in the dark as us.
I agree. I think FordUS are calling the shots and are concentrating on their market and therefore not giving/allowing FordUK any info.

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
I agree. I think FordUS are calling the shots and are concentrating on their market and therefore not giving/allowing FordUK any info.
No worries, we don't have more info in Switzerland either... same for the whole Europe I suppose.... not a word since November last year.... even my dealer doesn't know what to do anymore... quite disappointing from Ford... ā˜¹

FE or not, nothing seems to move in the right direction....

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
So just had a phone call from my dealer in Edinburgh. Wanted to just to just touch base. Didnā€™t have any info for me ( as heā€™s still waiting on info from Ford) but said heā€™s been sent the order info through from Ford for this dealership and was trying to tie up the orders as it was a bit mixed up (He had me down for an infinite blue car to start with instead of black). Appreciate them at least reaching out even if it was just to try and find out who the infinite car belongs too. Said heā€™ll be in touch again once he gets any more info. Said heā€™s got 15 orders at the moment.

oh and I never asked him about ADM or X plan........ ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So just had a phone call from my dealer in Edinburgh. Wanted to just to just touch base. Didnā€™t have any info for me ( as heā€™s still waiting on info from Ford) but said heā€™s been sent the order info through from Ford for this dealership and was trying to tie up the orders as it was a bit mixed up (He had me down for an infinite blue car to start with instead of black). Appreciate them at least reaching out even if it was just to try and find out who the infinite car belongs too. Said heā€™ll be in touch again once he gets any more info. Said heā€™s got 15 orders at the moment.

oh and I never asked him about ADM or X plan........ ?
Spoke to my dealer a couple of weeks ago and he says he has 12 preorders. If there are 40 ford stores and 15 is a good average that is only 600 in the UK. Shouldn't take long to make those.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
So I just tried to make my pre-order, standard range space white, but it tells me "sorry no vehicles found for this configuration", does this mean what I want doesn't exist? Any advice?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So I just tried to make my pre-order, standard range space white, but it tells me "sorry no vehicles found for this configuration", does this mean what I want doesn't exist? Any advice?
Just a glitch on the website which usually occurs on Sundays. I have had one on order since February and if I go on to preorder the same spec it comes up with the same message. I would try again tomorrow.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Just a glitch on the website which usually occurs on Sundays. I have had one on order since February and if I go on to preorder the same spec it comes up with the same message. I would try again tomorrow.
Thanks. Slightly worrying that such a big company can't even sort their website! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
So we spoke to Ford today and found a person who actually knows his stuff.
One thing we found out is none of the UK cars will have phone as key function.
He emailed us all the specs and we have sent some follow-up questions. Once we have answers I will post them here.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So we spoke to Ford today and found a person who actually knows his stuff.
He emailed us all the specs and we have sent some follow-up questions. Once we have answers I will post them here.
We already knew that but thanks anyway

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer a couple of weeks ago and he says he has 12 preorders. If there are 40 ford stores and 15 is a good average that is only 600 in the UK. Shouldn't take long to make those.
For what i've heard it's over 3000 orders in NL now. 600 in UK seems pretty low

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
For what i've heard it's over 3000 orders in NL now. 600 in UK seems pretty low
There are ~68 participating Ford dealers in the UK, and back in Feb before the delays we had an average of 20-25 pre-orders per dealer - which by our collective estimates made it about 1,700 reservations.

We know that the effects of the economic downturn due to COVID have hit these early numbers a bit as we have lost a few forum members who have opted to get their deposit back. So an estimate would be in the ball park of 1,200 - 1,000 now.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
There are ~68 participating Ford dealers in the UK, and back in Feb before the delays we had an average of 20-25 pre-orders per dealer - which by our collective estimates made it about 1,700 reservations.

We know that the effects of the economic downturn due to COVID have hit these early numbers a bit as we have lost a few forum members who have opted to get their deposit back. So an estimate would be in the ball park of 1,200 - 1,000 now.
If Ford gets a 50% sell rate from original reservations, they will likely consider that to be a huge success, particularly given the circumstances since early reservations were made.

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
What the reason ?? Only in UK or also in Europe ?
Sponsored

Last edited: