UK Mach-E vs US and European models

boltonmackem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but my new Mach E Select is being delivered next week and I have read that we don't have PAAK entry or a Mustang key due to insurance issues. Is this true, and if so, what other features do we know of that the US and European models have that the UK ones don't?
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Features and model specs are constantly evolving in both markets, but from memory these are the highlights…..

Features UK models don’t have (compared to US & EU)
Phone as a key (PAAK)
PIN to drive vehicle (backup to PAAK)
Walk away locking
Light-up Mustang logo (GT model)

Features UK models have that US don’t
Speed limiter option on steering wheel
eCall (Emergency Crash Notification system)
Adaptive headlights
Front tow hook

….there‘s probably more, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Last edited:

MuckyMach-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Features and model specs are constantly evolving in both markets, but from memory these are the highlights…..

Features UK models don’t have (compared to US & EU)
Phone as a key (PAAK)
PIN to drive vehicle (backup to PAAK)
Walk away locking
Light-up Mustang logo (GT model)

Features UK models have that US don’t
Speed limiter option on steering wheel
eCall (Emergency Crash Notification system)
Adaptive headlights

….there‘s probably more, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
UK have a front tow hook too 😀

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just wish the US spec had the threaded receiver in the front bumper. Ford is so dumb! 🤪🐩

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but my new Mach E Select is being delivered next week and I have read that we don't have PAAK entry or a Mustang key due to insurance issues. Is this true, and if so, what other features do we know of that the US and European models have that the UK ones don't?
US and Canadian models have a garage door opener module incorporated within the driver’s sun visor whilst UK models do not much to my chagrin. I don’t know whether European models do. I believe that the reason is that US remotes work on a different frequency to UK ones.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Mach-E vs US and European models IMG_9404

Last edited:

daath

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
US and Canadian models have a garage door opener module incorporated within the driver’s sun visor whilst UK models do not much to my chagrin. I don’t know whether European models do.
Not in Denmark either, but those can be bought cheap on AliExpress if you need it ... It's like $50 or something.

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not in Denmark either, but those can be bought cheap on AliExpress if you need it ... It's like $50 or something.
Thank you that is very useful info. I have bookmarked their site. What I want though is a module incorporated in the sun visor to save carrying a separate remote as I do now. I wonder if it is possible to link a UK garage door to the Alexa in the Mach - that would be handy.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Europe-bound Mach Es also have all four trunk cargo rings in their trunks. North American Mach Es are missing the front pair of trunk cargo rings. And what is (in selected cases, "was") infuriating, the missing trunk front cargo ring brackets are a relatively simple OEM steel stamping, made in North America and assembled in Mexico.

"Was" for me and several others here, because we had imported pairs of these missing trunk front cargo ring brackets from all across Europe, and just bolted them onto the already built-in Mach E body mounts. As a 2nd Act, after we had cleaned out the European stocks of these simple OEM stampings, some members here led by JohnFoxeSheets and HuntingPudel then devised and had fabricated an aftermarket version of these steel stampings.

However, these two efforts account for about .05% of the North American Mach Es sold so far. A completely cheaping-out behavior by Ford Corporate, IMHO.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Mach-E vs US and European models Mach E trunk front cargo rings and brackets - with part numbers

Mach E trunk front cargo ring and bracket - part for the left (driver's) side.jpg

Last edited:

daath

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
What I want though is a module incorporated in the sun visor to save carrying a separate remote as I do now. I wonder if it is possible to link a UK garage door to the Alexa in the Mach - that would be handy.
They have those too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005033642514.html (just an example - there are others).

Dunno about the Alexa thing - if you can control it from Alexa in your home, why not your car?

OP
OP

boltonmackem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
I assume that most of the stuff missing from the UK versions are to do with our extortionate insurance groups is it? Especially given PAAK is available in numerous other EVs on the market here. They obviously don't trust the security of the Ford App then? The pony that lights up on the GT being missing is a bit weird though - same factory, far easier to leave it alone surely.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
And to complete the list of variances, Europe-bound Mach Es have a nice OEM rear fog light already installed... IMHO a beneficial safety feature. Obviously, dense fog and similar low visibility conditions do happen also across the USA and Canada 🙄, like for example the highway superfog near New Orleans in September 2023.

North American Mach E owners can install this OEM rear fog light, but at an expense of about $460 USD and at some personal labor effort.

DIY thread is here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...vent-or-diminish-a-rear-ender-accident.28707/

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes extortionate alright! My premium has gone up 50%! The light up pony on US models is illegal here under traffic regs I understand..

bigredx86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium STD AWD
Country flag
So I have a question to OP's question.

Does UK/EU FordPass app fully functional or are you with us NA foke?
Sponsored