21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Um, so, I'm guessing you charged at Bellows Beach park (campground), shut hatches, two blast of the diving alarm, and made max turns to Pt Loma??????
One night at Camp Pendleton's Delmar Marina RV Park, and three nights at Camp Pendleton's northern RV beach park close to Trestles Beach.
Sponsored

JLee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Would you please share pictures of various adapters (male/female end of each adapter) that you carry with you in this road trip? Any specific brands that you would recommend?

Also, isn't the RV hookup (30 AMP) require different type of adapter as well? Glad to know that there are other options out there besides the DCFC charging stations.

Thank you!!

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would you please share pictures of various adapters (male/female end of each adapter) that you carry with you in this road trip? Any specific brands that you would recommend?

Also, isn't the RV hookup (30 AMP) require different type of adapter as well? Glad to know that there are other options out there besides the DCFC charging stations.

Thank you!!
Sure... check out the compact (orange and grey) adapters at ACWorks.com Their pictures, plug diagrams and descriptions are better than what I could gin up and post here.

Any adapter choice should really be driven by the type of portable EVSE a user will choose, and its end connector. IMHO a portable EVSE cord should end with a standardized connector instead of a proprietary one, which locks the user into that company's proprietary adapter choices.

My older 20 amp 240V portable EVSE from EVSE Ugrade has a lockable L6-30R connector, so I focus on things which will plug into that. The L6-30R twist-lock end is nice because it prevents unlocking if kicked in the dark, etc.

On occasion, I can piggyback two adapters if needed to make things work.

I also scavenged an old worn inner tube from my corner bicycle repair shop, cut it into short sections and use these to seal adapter ends from rain.

Last edited:

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
P) require different type of adapter as well? Glad to know that there are other options out there besides the DCFC charging stations.

Thank you!!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!
Although I do have an adapter for the TT30 amp 120V plug in RV parks, I have never yet used it other than for pre-trip tests.

The car (or maybe the portable EVSE?) all derate to 12 amps when the system senses a 120V connection. So, I just use the 120V regular plug dogleg if we are forced onto 120V. RV power pedestals that have the older TT30 redeptacle also have the normal 15 amp house receptacle. With the car / EVSE derating to 12 amps on 120V, I have yet to get advantages of use from the TT3 receptacle's 30 amp connection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Top two photos are a splitter with 30 feet of cord, for campgrounds. 120 x 2 equals something something, carry the 5 and you have level 2
Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDATE: A 10,515 mile, six week road trip - a short final report at the end. KIMG0349.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDATE: A 10,515 mile, six week road trip - a short final report at the end. KIMG0349.JPG
Looks like you have pretty much the same types of adapters I chose, with a different form factor for some of them.