Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing addressed on Canda sorry guys.
Appears Ford has received their wake up call when it comes to EV's and that there may be some money to be made producing them? This is really, really good news for all and thanks for sharing.

Are us Canadians in the equation at least or will they ship to the States and Europe prior to us?

Are the 2014 certified dealers just in the USA or does that number include Canada and/or other countries? Average dealer selling 4 to 9 MME's in 2021 is 6.5x2014 = 13,100. This sounds OK; is this 2021 run now optimistic at 50,000 units?
Sponsored

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
volunteer 1,400 needed to be meet for salary early retirement. September 8th to October 23rd to sign up.
Ford has launched a special team for Mache in Europe. To help keep the Mache on pace. The demand for ev in Europe could be double what North America is by 2022. The demand is over 80% more and will release 10 more electric hybrids in Europe by the end of 2021.

Ford's goal is to have 30% of sales be EV by 2024.
Fordzilla esports car. video game car.
sales in china up 65%

Mache launch is going still as planned, Ford does not want to let anything out tell the car is 100% perfect. The demand for the mache has caught everyone off guard. China's market is asking for a way to purchase the mache by 2022. The batteries going into the underbody is long process and taking up a lot of time on the line. That is still be worked out as we speak.

Dealers should be getting demo models by the end of November. Farley said if you want one better get the order in. The goal is to find a way to make 70,000 units by the end of 2021 (counting the numbers that are produced this year). The final number of first editions to be made should be known by the end of September.

Ford is checking with dealers this week to cancel the reservations that have not turned into orders ( other than GT). Then Dearborn will be able to put all orders in sequence and start preparing to issue vin numbers mid-November.

That is about all I can say that I know.
Thanks for sharing but be careful with what you share! We don't want to lose your precious information. We can see your ID on your meeting screenshot.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ok have a meeting tomorrow. team huddle here is the pic. I need one person by 700am to have list of questions I can submit on the mache. I don't know what or if they will be answered but I will try to stick my neck out a little more to get them answered.

Please someone put them all in one so I don't have to track 50 questions down. Usually, Dearborn is good about answering some.

ford meeting.png

meeting global.png
Ask if the reservation numbers are sequential or if there is a tiered system. I'd really like Ford to put out a estimated timeline of when to expect your MME based off of your reservation number.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So vin numbers mid November. December deliveries would then seem to me best case and quite tight of a schedule. Hopes up.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The only question I have at this point is if the First Editions will all actually be first off the line. It is especially important for those of us who had an early order timestamp (like me) and converted to a FE when the dealer gave me the opportunity. The regional sales Manager cancelled my Premium, so that ship and timestamp I guess has sailed. This goes along with letting your customers know what their expectations can be - information is power, and keeps your customers happy.

The lack of meaningful information from Ford - but putting energy instead into things like the "MachDrop" has pissed people off who have been waiting almost a year. One of our vehicles is on a lease that expires 12/14. I need to be able to plan as I wanted to turn that Escape in assuming I would have my Mach E by that time.
Things like the Mach Drop and to a lesser extent 1400 have pissed me off. I've gotten next to no information directly from Ford, and if not for those with information on here I'd know as much as the average salesman. Ford marketing continues to hype and oversell a product that has far exceeded the demand. For a car who can't find enough supply of parts to fill it's orders, I'd rather not see anything about a race car or a secret stash of cars being offered to a select few by a celebrity on social media.

With Ford, it seems like the loudest voices have the least information.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Then Dearborn will be able to put all orders in sequence and start preparing to issue vin numbers mid-November.
Surely VIN's are allocated at the beginning before production starts. My previous factory order cars all had VIN's issued when build date was scheduled. It specified my particular options. This was colour, model and any extras. This was supposed to be September 28 or October 26 depending on who you listen too. Does this post mean that production has been put back to November? Or am getting your definition of vin numbers confused with something else.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I am surprised with the info of Dealer demo’s not arriving until end of November.
I guess if you don’t have any more cars that you can sell, there is no hurry with the demo’s.

Assembly line was scheduled to start runs at the end of September, maybe the plan now is to finish the First Editions and deliver them before the Dealer demos.

Also surprised with the comment --- “The batteries going into the underbody is long process and taking up a lot of time on the line. That is still be worked out as we speak.”

One would think with the vehicle only partially assembled (open) that this would be a simple automated / robotic step to attach the battery pack. Shows how little I know about assembling cars.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If you have no car to sell, why bothering with demo? Either they don't have enough "firm order" to be sold out, or they are hoping to use the demo to sell the 2022 version ?
A couple of reasons:

First, buyers are entitled to a test drive in a car before they take delivery of their vehicle. Presuming demand is higher than supply atm (likely true considering this thread), it might be a good idea to allow people to try the car out. If they cancel, you free up either a vehicle for another customer or that's one slot you do not have to build.

Second, Visibility. The MME will be in production for quite some time. Building visibility in the community outside of the few in these forums will help generate demand after the launch year.

Just my 2 coppers worth, I've been known to be wrong.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Here is a video on the tire room.

[off-topic warning]

(1) this is not too far from me now and walking distance from where I once lived. I noticed driving by that plant the other day that at night, the "here's what we make here" display on the Sheffield Lake side of the plant had all the headlights on, which was a nice touch. I wasn't able to get a picture, though.

(2) holy crap that inflator

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If you have no car to sell, why bothering with demo? Either they don't have enough "firm order" to be sold out, or they are hoping to use the demo to sell the 2022 version ?
It is possible that they do anticipate they will have cars to sell and that the "sold" numbers we have read from one unverified source are overly optimistic.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
[off-topic warning]

(1) this is not too far from me now and walking distance from where I once lived. I noticed driving by that plant the other day that at night, the "here's what we make here" display on the Sheffield Lake side of the plant had all the headlights on, which was a nice touch. I wasn't able to get a picture, though.

(2) holy crap that inflator
Grew up in Avon Lake, so it's really cool to see that on here!

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
6. European orders have to be processed also. In the conference call that was addressed. Ford is trying to get the time table down to tell Ford European when the orders will be arriving. Didn't say when in the meeting. Nothing addressed on Canda sorry guys.

Don't worry for Canada, I've always believe that we are a local market in many domains by US companies, so for me what is good for US is good for Canada. Of course there will be a little bit of differences because it has to go through Ford Canada but essentially we are in the same time frame has you guy's. We are part of those 20K MME for NA.
Sponsored