Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
This has probably been asked but do we assume if a car has a build date that it makes it all the way down the line by the end of that week?
I am concerned about my build week, 12/21. I am afraid my car is going to be half way down the line, they are going to shut down for Christmas and whenever they come back, after New Years?, the line will be startling up cold. "Where were we with this car?" "Did I tighten all the bolts? Probably did before I left." I am not thrilled to be Christmas week is my point. I would rather it be built in January when they are back and have a rhythm.
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ok for the holiday shut down. All lines will be emptied out. Your mainline, chassis, trim won't have anything on them. Workers will come back a day early to fill the float back up and block build to everything filled back up for the start after the holidays.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Ok for the holiday shut down. All lines will be emptied out. Your mainline, chassis, trim won't have anything on them. Workers will come back a day early to fill the float back up and block build to everything filled back up for the start after the holidays.
It may have been answered all ready, but how long do they normally shut down around Christmas/New Years? Seems weird to have so many scheduled for the week of December 21st if they'll be closing down that week.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It may have been answered all ready, but how long do they normally shut down around Christmas/New Years? Seems weird to have so many scheduled for the week of December 21st if they'll be closing down that week.
We've heard from two Ford insiders that the plant shut down will last approximately one week.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I am concerned about my build week, 12/21. I am afraid my car is going to be half way down the line, they are going to shut down for Christmas and whenever they come back, after New Years?, the line will be startling up cold. "Where were we with this car?" "Did I tighten all the bolts? Probably did before I left." I am not thrilled to be Christmas week is my point. I would rather it be built in January when they are back and have a rhythm.
Never buy a car built on a Friday or a Monday ??

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Or any time when employees are being forced to work during a pandemic.

Edit: That was a reference to Tesla forcing their employees to come in or lose their jobs.

Last edited:

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've also heard it as never buy a car built on a Friday, Monday, or the first year.

And yet we are all here arguing over who is gonna get theirs as the first off the brand new assembly line

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
@trutolife27 What would a reasonable guesstimate from build week to delivery? Understand that destination will make a big difference but we looking 2-3 weeks? A month to 6 weeks? Do we think the ones with build week in 11/23, 11/30 will get them by the end of the year?
According to my dealer my car is being build the week of 20-nov-20 and he expects delivery at the dealer in the week of 20-feb-2021. so building the car, transport to port, boat trip to Europe, from boat to my dealer takes approx 3months/90days.
Only the boat trip alone is 30-35 days.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
In other words, if Ford is able to stick to schedule, any orders they have said are scheduled for build week of 12/21 will be completed by no later than close on 12/23?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Haha - I am sure they wont leave your car that way -

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
According to my dealer my car is being build the week of 20-nov-20 and he expects delivery at the dealer in the week of 20-feb-2021. so building the car, transport to port, boat trip to Europe, from boat to my dealer takes approx 3months/90days.
Only the boat trip alone is 30-35 days.
More reason for those EU cars to be built sooner than later
Sponsored