TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We cant use our phone as PAAK is not available in the UK so we will just have to stick with the good old cable method ?
You get the better headlights though.

Stupid regulations on both sides of the pond.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
We cant use our phone as PAAK is not available in the UK so we will just have to stick with the good old cable method ?
Just because PaaK isn't available, doesn't mean you'd lose FordPass's remote functionality does it? Do you not currently have remote fuctions available for existing cars over there? (Locking, unlocking, starting, etc?) (IE - Hyundia's "MyHyundai" app and BlueLink subscription allows me to start/stop/lock/unlock my car via my phone through the internet).

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I no longer care about the divider per se (I can easily take it out). But I do care about losing electronic release for it.

I've already been thinking that I probably won't be using the frunk much anyway because the power liftgate in the back is far easier to use. But if the only way to get into it now is opening the driver door, bending down, and pulling a manual hood release twice (rather than an easy button on the fob, or screen), I know I'll use it even less.

It's not a big deal, but it is one of those of those little things that just annoys. It's apparently not Ford's fault, it's some stupid nanny state regulation.
So we have a button for it on the fob. Going down the highway at 75mph and wife is fumbling in her purse and hits that button. The hood unlatches and the 75mph wind catches it and..........I prefer a manual release.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So we have a button for it on the fob. Going down the highway at 75mph and wife is fumbling in her purse and hits that button. The hood unlatches and the 75mph wind catches it and..........I prefer a manual release.
It's pretty simple to lockout an electronic release while the vehicle is in drive.

Has anyone been able to open their hatch (with electronic release via key fob) while driving in the past?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just because PaaK isn't available, doesn't mean you'd lose FordPass's remote functionality does it? Do you not currently have remote fuctions available for existing cars over there? (Locking, unlocking, starting, etc?) (IE - Hyundia's "MyHyundai" app and BlueLink subscription allows me to start/stop/lock/unlock my car via my phone through the internet).
Don't know. Certainly haven't got it with my 2017 Kuga (Escape). The only use my Ford Pass app has been to me was when I wanted to look at my finance account. Other than that I have never used it. Couldn't even get live traffic updates to come up on my Sync 3 screen. I just hope there is a substantial improvement with it for the MME

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Since it is electronically controlled, the software can ignore the pressing of the frunk release if the car is not in "park".

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately, the language seems pretty clear (at least to me). NJ says the MSRP, as set by the manufacturer, must be below $55,000. When looking at the sample Windows sticker recently provided by trutolife27, the MSRP of EXACTLY what I ordered is $55,800

1605817255587.png
IMHO normally on the dealers sales contract the destination & delivery charge is on a separate line, like on this window sticker, so I think dealers will make clear that the MSRP is $54,700 so their customers can get the incentives, at least that's what they should do.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Opening the frunk with the lever next to the brake pedal feels very much like a traditional mechanical pull release to me.
It was definitely mechanical.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So who wants to be the first to ask about this during today’s live event? (Frunk divider)
Not me. I'm already double booked at that time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I no longer care about the divider per se (I can easily take it out). But I do care about losing electronic release for it.

I've already been thinking that I probably won't be using the frunk much anyway because the power liftgate in the back is far easier to use. But if the only way to get into it now is opening the driver door, bending down, and pulling a manual hood release twice (rather than an easy button on the fob, or screen), I know I'll use it even less.

It's not a big deal, but it is one of those of those little things that just annoys. It's apparently not Ford's fault, it's some stupid nanny state regulation.
More likely NHTSA, so a nanny Federal regulation.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, on my nth read, that "generally" does seem problematic.

So ideally Ford would break out the destination charge from the MSRP. Any ideas on how to get big enough Ford eyes on this?

Losing out on the $5k incentive might make me rethink my order.
Check first with your dealer how they will handle this, they might be reassuring. ;)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So I’m totally confused on the front trunk issue then. All Teslas have front trunks. Can’t they be opened from the remote/touchscreen? I thought they could? If so, how does Tesla manage this. No remote opening of the front trunk really decreases utility, even with the stupid divider.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So I’m totally confused on the front trunk issue then. All Teslas have front trunks. Can’t they be opened from the remote/touchscreen? I thought they could? If so, how does Tesla manage this. No remote opening of the front trunk really decreases utility, even with the stupid divider.
Without knowing what the issue is with the Ford system, I don't think anyone will be able to answer that.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In theory
There's no way they would program it to allow the hood to electronically release while the vehicle is moving.

A sedan trunk release would be a different matter, since that's in the back. The hood is a clear safety issue.

In fact, wouldn't surprise me if the MME won't even go into drive if it detects the frunk hood is unlatched (although I haven't heard anything on that one). But since the electronics exists there, I half expect it.
Sponsored