First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
A recent video from Germany.
Please note at the end of the video you see them driving the Mach-E in the showroom.
Odd sound...

Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That odd sound is likely the required pedestrian warning sound that is required when going <10mph or so.

Check that off as another EV advantage: You can start and drive the car indoors without requiring a ventilation system. I often start my Bolt in the garage with the door closed--still raises the hair on the back of my neck but its completely safe LOL.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
A recent video from Germany.
Please note at the end of the video you see them driving the Mach-E in the showroom.
Odd sound...

I heard that too. It sounds like a pump running. Since the grill shutters appeared open I wonder if the BMS was running the AC system to condition the battery.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
That odd sound is likely the required pedestrian warning sound that is required when going <10mph or so.

Check that off as another EV advantage: You can start and drive the car indoors without requiring a ventilation system. I often start my Bolt in the garage with the door closed--still raises the hair on the back of my neck but its completely safe LOL.
Not having to open the garage door in the winter is gonna be a huge advantage when preheating the car!

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Really great post! Even in German it's so great to see the car and all it's nooks and crannies. And I just emailed my wife to let her know that I'll be changing our Rezzy color from Space White to Rapid Red. Seeing it so many times now (even though I'll want to see it in person for certain before making the call), I am convinced that's the color for me!
And are those the 19 inch wheels?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah re-listening to that a bit more: it sounds very much like the Bolt's pedestrian warning sound (they try to make it sound like an ICE a little bit so yeah you get some pump noises and other stuff).

When the Focus Electric was first released Ford published 4 video's of potential sounds the cars could make for the pedestrian alert. Hmm can't find them now--I think Ford deleted them. All four sounded like variations on a jet engine instead of an ICE (and all 4 were very obnoxious! LOL).

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Very disappointed that this is the sound they chose. Please Ford give us other options.

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Really great post! Even in German it's so great to see the car and all it's nooks and crannies. And I just emailed my wife to let her know that I'll be changing our Rezzy color from Space White to Rapid Red. Seeing it so many times now (even though I'll want to see it in person for certain before making the call), I am convinced that's the color for me!
And are those the 19 inch wheels?
I also decided after much polling within my family and seeing it in numerous photos and videos to move from Space White to Rapid Red when order time comes (though will want to see in person if I can, this is the color for me too. I can finally stop jumping on to the configurator every few days to look at colors again!)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag