s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Good morning or afternoon all I came across this video yesterday of I am guessing a Car Saleswomen I am assuming at the Texas AutoShow (possibly Houston) going over the Mach E. When doing so they showed the settings screen on the infotainment system and thought it would be nice to show everyone. The infotainment part of video is at 2:21

On this video it has the controls as follow:

Drive Modes:
Engage - Normal drive mode I am assuming
Whisper - I will assume this is more of an efficiency mode
Stampede - I am assuming this is for higher performance

Camera options I am assuming for the 360 camera view or rear bumper view might be visible at all time like on Tesla's. MAybe they will also use their cameras as a dashcam as well later on down the road.

Access (self explanatory)

Driver Assistance

Assuming this will be like their PRo Pilot software section

Valet Mode which a lot of modern cars have this option

But then their are the additional settings that can be turned on or off if you wish

1 pedal driving can be turned off if you wish
Auto Ambient lights
Propulsion Sound (this I would think would break laws at least in the USA as it is law for them to have some sort of sound but hey it can be turned off lol.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Propulsion Sound (this I would think would break laws at least in the USA as it is law for them to have some sort of sound but hey it can be turned off lol.
This is to turn off the interior propulsion sound not the external (slow speed) sound that is required for pedestrian safety (and can't be disabled).

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
This is to turn off the interior propulsion sound not the external (slow speed) sound that is required for pedestrian safety (and can't be disabled).
Where there is a will, there is a way (disabling the pedestrian safety sound).

On the Bolt: Pop the hood and pull a fuse...

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Where there is a will, there is a way (disabling the pedestrian safety sound).

On the Bolt: Pop the hood and pull a fuse...
Just because you can do a thing does not mean you should do a thing. ;)

Ha. Someone will find a way. My point is that there's no button or control setting to disable it. Until someone hacks the infotainment to add one. Ha.

robert

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda crv
Country flag
very nice, thanks for posting. ordered mine in white, rear wheel drive, long range premium.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
it's a small thing but "dual wireless charging pads" is actually pretty great and will encourage people to keep the phone out of their hands

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Best video I have seen so far! Thanks for sharing

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
it's a small thing but "dual wireless charging pads" is actually pretty great and will encourage people to keep the phone out of their hands
Yeah, I hope so. Small nit, though -- I think it's just a single wireless charging pad, on the side closer to the driver. The passenger is more likely to pick up and play with their phone. Less value to wireless charging for the passenger, so they left it out.

Good news is USB C and USB A. Hopefully the USB C is 3A or greater for fast charging.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Maybe?
Not to be contrarian, but I actually see wireless charging as making it easier to pick up the phone, check it while driving, and put it down than if it was physically plugged in.

OP
OP

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
That is true however it’s more of a reach to pick up the phone while on charging pad than it being plugged in.

However I driver Uber/Lyft every now and again and what would be awesome would these EVvehicles with the screen have an app available for use with Uber Lyft and other ride share apps so you can just use that center infotainment system to accept or decline rides since phone is already Bluetooth identified by car so never have to touch phone just center screen to access those apps

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
However I driver Uber/Lyft every now and again and what would be awesome would these EVvehicles with the screen have an app available for use with Uber Lyft and other ride share apps so you can just use that center infotainment system to accept or decline rides since phone is already Bluetooth identified by car so never have to touch phone just center screen to access those apps
I don't know if they already do this, but there's technically nothing stopping Lyft or Uber from implementing what you're describing in vehicles already capable of Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.

Ranger Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ, 4Runner
Occupation
Ranger
Country flag
Great feature! Anyone have experience with inductive charging pads in cars - will they work even if you have a phone case on?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag