Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Property developer
Country flag
I find that if I am listening to a podcast through carplay or any speech at all, if someone says "OK", the car thinks I am talking to it through voice control. It cannot be that difficult for the car to distinguish the difference between my voice and whatever is coming through the audio system. Does anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I find that if I am listening to a podcast through carplay or any speech at all, if someone says "OK", the car thinks I am talking to it through voice control. It cannot be that difficult for the car to distinguish the difference between my voice and whatever is coming through the audio system. Does anyone else have this problem?
That's actually a pretty common problem with voice assistants overall. Did you know that when there's a commercial on TV for Amazon Echo, when someone says "Alexa," there's a tone played out of human hearing range that tells the real Echo devices in your room to stay quiet?

Personally, I've found it easier to turn off automatic voice recognition on my cars that have it and stick with the thumb button to get its attention. Quick press for the Ford, long press for Siri.

OP
OP

tbone77

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Property developer
Country flag
That's actually a pretty common problem with voice assistants overall. Did you know that when there's a commercial on TV for Amazon Echo, when someone says "Alexa," there's a tone played out of human hearing range that tells the real Echo devices in your room to stay quiet?

Personally, I've found it easier to turn off automatic voice recognition on my cars that have it and stick with the thumb button to get its attention. Quick press for the Ford, long press for Siri.
Thanks for the reply. I would love to turn it off but couldn't find the option - I will have another go!

RobUK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah I've had my MME less than a week and it was annoying me so I changed the wake word and that seemed to help ....

SETTING THE WAKE WORD
  1. Access the feature drawer on the touchscreen.
  2. Press Settings.
  3. Press the Voice button.
  4. Select a wake word.

OP
OP

tbone77

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Property developer
Country flag
Yeah I've had my MME less than a week and it was annoying me so I changed the wake word and that seemed to help ....

SETTING THE WAKE WORD
  1. Access the feature drawer on the touchscreen.
  2. Press Settings.
  3. Press the Voice button.
  4. Select a wake word.
Brilliant - thank you

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Mine responds to California. So NPR introduced someone from California and I heard "Please try again". Hysterical.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's the reason I switched mine from "OK Ford" to "Hello Ford". Much fewer accidental voice control activations.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
That's the reason I switched mine from "OK Ford" to "Hello Ford". Much fewer accidental voice control activations.
I am totally going to do that change on my car. In all honestly I wish I could just turn it off completely.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I am totally going to do that change on my car. In all honestly I wish I could just turn it off completely.
Yeah, I did. The steering wheel button is perfectly fine for voice requests. One tap for the MME, a longer press for Siri (or whatever you all call your voice assistant on Android). Works like a champ.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
It’s a good thing that you can!
Sweet totally going to that big time before my daughter gets old enough to talk as I doubt it will take her long how to figure out change things on the fly with her voice.
Kids are way to damn smart these days.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Sweet totally going to that big time before my daughter gets old enough to talk as I doubt it will take her long how to figure out change things on the fly with her voice.
Kids are way to damn smart these days.
Too true, my toddler figured out Alexa REAL quick.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I just turned the "Ok" nonsense off. The Voice control doesn't work very well anyway.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I've had mine activate when there was total silence in the car.
Sponsored