mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I have been watching the EA site map for some time and I notice that there have been very few new locations added since the beginning of the year. Do you suppose they have a $$$ shortage, site construction delays or parts shortages? Or all? How about it @ElectrifyAM.
I too really wasn’t to see more EA locations. New Hampshire desperately needsthem.

I was on Cape Cod (Mass) a month ago and there was a terrible EVGo station. But there was a brand new Electrify America station the other side of the mall. It wasn’t operational yet. It also wasn’t on EA’s map (even with the show coming soon toggled on). Not on PlugShare either.

Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
That's great, but EA is talking about expansion when they can't even fix/maintain the chargers they have up already.
Chargepoint, Greenlots and energy company installations in the Upper Great Lakes regions remain unreliable and unacceptable. Multiple long distance dead areas for dcfc ccs chargers.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So good to know that American dollars are still going to be siphoned off to an off-shore corporation.
What? It will be years before they are profitable, they were created by a court order because of Volkswagen’s dieselgate scandal. To date, EA can be described as foreigners having poured billions of dollars into America without getting their money back, and it’s still sort of an open question when/if a L3 charging network like EA will be profitable.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
What? It will be years before they are profitable, they were created by a court order because of Volkswagen’s dieselgate scandal. To date, EA can be described as foreigners having poured billions of dollars into America without getting their money back, and it’s still sort of an open question when/if a L3 charging network like EA will be profitable.
They didn't pour anything - they were fined. Heavily. They shouldn't expect a return on the payment of a fine.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Our Passat Diesel was great, never had to add DEF fluid in 43,000 miles. The. VW bought it back.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have been watching the EA site map for some time and I notice that there have been very few new locations added since the beginning of the year. Do you suppose they have a $$$ shortage, site construction delays or parts shortages? Or all? How about it @ElectrifyAM.
Two things I suspect. Federal tax credit for EV chargers expired the end of 2021 (EA might have been waiting for a new law) and there is a shortage of transformers (not the Habsro kind). I heard Tesla SC locations being delayed because of the latter but still they are popping up. 4 new SC locations in Orlando alone in 6-8 months.

Now that I’m back in CCS charging world, I bumped into a new i4 owner at Disney who told me about the horrors of EA chargers in Florida on his trip down here. Broken chargers at Gainesville and Florida Mall that had him waiting up to two hours this long weekend. I will stick to turnpike service plazas :)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Two things I suspect. Federal tax credit for EV chargers expired the end of 2021 (EA might have been waiting for a new law) and there is a shortage of transformers (not the Habsro kind). I heard Tesla SC locations being delayed because of the latter but still they are popping up. 4 new SC locations in Orlando alone in 6-8 months.

Now that I’m back in CCS charging world, I bumped into a new i4 owner at Disney who told me about the horrors of EA chargers in Florida on his trip down here. Broken chargers at Gainesville and Florida Mall that had him waiting up to two hours this long weekend. I will stick to turnpike service plazas :)
We really need staffed DCFC stations just like a gas station does
Sponsored