Retired
Country flag

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
EPA range estimates on BEVs are all messed up. Teslas get way lower ranges than EPA states. The Porsche Taycan gets way more range (240-260 miles in real-world usage) than EPA states (200 miles). I'm going to guess that the XC40 Recharge will get 250+ miles in city-only driving with lots of brake regen and coasting and low speeds.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
EPA range estimates on BEVs are all messed up. Teslas get way lower ranges than EPA states. The Porsche Taycan gets way more range (240-260 miles in real-world usage) than EPA states (200 miles). I'm going to guess that the XC40 Recharge will get 250+ miles in city-only driving with lots of brake regen and coasting and low speeds.
I hope you're right.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Mchaelme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Me too. I'm guessing that it will come in less than the Polestar 2, so under $60,000. I don't think I'll be interested if it's over $55,000. That said, who knows when it's actually going to be available!
I recently did a quote for a fully loaded XC40 here in the UK and was just over £60k, the polestar is only £49k fully loaded with all extras in first year.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I recently did a quote for a fully loaded XC40 here in the UK and was just over £60k, the polestar is only £49k fully loaded with all extras in first year.
That's crazy!

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm a little confused on the "P8" designation. Does that refer to the electric version of the XC40, or is it an upgrade trim level, like Premium?

If it's a higher trim level, that could explain the extra ~$10k.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm a little confused on the "P8" designation. Does that refer to the electric version of the XC40, or is it an upgrade trim level, like Premium?

Yes, P8 is the electric version of the XC40 Recharge. Volvo confused everything by applying the "Recharge" brand to anything with a plug, so the XC40 Recharge P8 is electric while the XC40 Recharge T5 is the PHEV version. Contrasting of course with the XC40 T5 (no Recharge badge), which is the 248HP gas engine variant. Names.

From everything I've seen so far (which is rather sparse), it appears that there might be only one trim level, matching the interior look of the gas XC40 R-Design.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The only area Tesla does not meet EPA is in cold weather climates. Because cold weather drastically reduces mileage. But the M3 (and I suspect the MY will follow suit) EPA ratings are pretty damn accurate outside cold climates. Unless you are racing every WRX STi you see.

Mchaelme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hi
There is only one trim level currently advertised to order, so I added the extras I have on my current xc40 first edition and that took the price above £60k, far too expensive especially for the advertised range. Im looking forward to seeing the Polestar 2 as looks like that will be available here in there UK from around August and at £49995 looks like value for money against the Mach E first edition.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
If the Recharge price starts above $55k, it will be as rare on the road as the XC-90 T8 currently is. And they will be on huge discounts in about a year.
There's a reason we got our XC-90 T8 at more than $13k below MSRP (plus another $11k in fed/state tax credits).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi
There is only one trim level currently advertised to order, so I added the extras I have on my current xc40 first edition and that took the price above £60k, far too expensive especially for the advertised range. Im looking forward to seeing the Polestar 2 as looks like that will be available here in there UK from around August and at £49995 looks like value for money against the Mach E first edition.
I just don't like the look of the Polestar 2, so that one's not on my list. Looks like a sedan.

Even though the back hatch lifts up, it just doesn't look like a SUV/CUV. I prefer a taller cargo area in the back. Even the Mach-e is a bit more sloped and shorter in the back than I'd prefer, but the black roof extension at least pushes that height back some so you can get some taller stuff in. The Polestar doesn't look like it has any height in the cargo space.

Plus at only 58" height, the Polestar is just too short. The Mach-e's 63" is about as short as I'm willing to go. Even better is the 65" of the XC40.
Sponsored