justinvoelker

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium ER AWD (ordered)
Country flag
Quick back story. My father-in-law works at a group of dealerships, one is a Ford store. He put us in touch with the Ford sales manager and we ordered (online) a Premium, ER, AWD, in Rapid Red on July 7, 2021. Order confirmed later that day. Converted to a 2022 along with everyone else.

We've been in contact on a monthly basis asking for any updates and always the same answer--still waiting. I asked about these mythical "allocations" and he assured me that when it was our time, we were the first (and only) Mach-E order they had. That conversation changed Friday (January 14, 2022).

Sales manager called me saying they finally had an allocation and he was hoping to call me with good news. Unfortunately, the car allocated to him was a Select, SR, AWD in Silver. Confused, he called his Ford rep. Turns out, Ford is having trouble sourcing parts for Premium models and extended range batteries. As such, he is being allocated a Select just so they can have something to offer customers.

Another bottleneck was the color. "Enterprise" colors (black, white, silver) make up the majority of what Ford is willing to paint at the moment given limited paint booths.

The Ford rep indicated that if I stick with my Rapid Red Premium ER, it would be June 2022 before I receive a build date. So, anyone else wondering where all of the Premiums and extended range vehicles are? Turns out we might be in for a long wait.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My initial reaction is hogwash.

I have a Rapid Red, Premium, ER AWD on order. Ordered 5/29, converted in October, build week of 1/10/22 (no update as of yet).

If your father-in-law works there, are you getting D plan pricing?

You're basically within an hour's drive of many Ford dealerships. Perhaps you should move your order?

OP
OP

justinvoelker

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium ER AWD (ordered)
Country flag
Yes, with no ADM.

Is there anyway to identify, ahead of time, that a different dealership would be able to get the vehicle sooner? No need to face the familial wrath of taking my order elsewhere on a hunch.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I agree that turnaround time sounds too long, something is not quite right.

Also, as far as I know, I haven’t really seen any talk on here previously about Mach-E allocations, I believe it is still driven by specific customer orders.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes, with no ADM.

Is there anyway to identify, ahead of time, that a different dealership would be able to get the vehicle sooner? No need to face the familial wrath of taking my order elsewhere on a hunch.
Beyond calling a dealership and speaking with someone that is knowledgeable, no.

By default, any plan order, including D plan, has no ADM.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
My initial reaction is hogwash.

I have a Rapid Red, Premium, ER AWD on order. Ordered 5/29, converted in October, build week of 1/10/22 (no update as of yet).

You're basically within an hour's drive of many Ford dealerships. Perhaps you should move your order?
I have an X plan (large company retiree) but no REAL Ford connections:
My 2022 Premium ER Grabber Blue was built last week. Previously a 2021 Iconic Silver order 8/5 and converted in October with a priority code of 10. I think Metro Ford is a large dealer but I really don't know for sure

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Maybe there is just more of a backlog on Premium? It seems like those that state they are getting their Premium scheduled ordered way earlier than Select and GT that are being scheduled.

I ordered Premium SR AWD in space white almost 13 weeks ago and still nothing. I was hoping the SR would save me a little bit of wait. Some GT’s that were ordered in late November are already scheduled. This process is frustrating for sure.

I’m probably in a better position than some to wait until summer for my car, but I want to see some movement. If the OP is correct (I have no way of knowing one way or the other) and Premiums won’t even be scheduled until June that means probably delivery in the fall.

parasandtobi

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Doesn't sound right. I ordered a Rapid Red Premium AWD extended range on 6/21/21. It was built 12/02/2021 as a 2021 model year. It's still in transport but should be here next week. It doesn't seem like the model year cut off is enough to delay the build _that_ much.
Sponsored