Warranty Start Date

First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
On March 8th I was able to find a Mach-E that was schedule to be delivered to a local dealership so I stopped in and placed $1,000 to secure the vehicle upon delivery. The Mach-E was delivered to the dealership on April 1st and I purchased it and brought it home on April 3rd. Earlier this week, I noticed that my warranty start date in the FordPass app was March 22nd and the Connected Services trial expiration dates also aligned with March 22nd. I called Ford and they told me that I need to work with the dealership to address this issue.

When I emailed the dealership they said that the dealership (store) would honor the warranty for the difference in days between 3/22 and 4/3 but it would not be corrected in the FordPass app. The explanation was as follows:
"When you stated that you wanted the Mach E , and we knew it was on the way, the vehicle was put in your name on March 22 to ensure that it was your vehicle upon its arrival. This ensured that no one else could buy the car."

This doesn't seem to make sense to me. Why should I lose out on 13 days (I know small potatoes in the grand scheme of things) of warranty and connected services. I always thought the warranty and connected service should align with the purchase date. Is my understanding flawed?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You're understanding is correct. The warranty start should be tied to the date and odometer at the time of first sale of the vehicle.

The only plausible explanations would be that you weren't the first sale, or that the dealer somehow messed up the paperwork.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They probably wanted the sale to count against their quota for last month, so they dated the paperwork that way. What date is on your sales contract?

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Did you sign all the paperwork when you put down your "deposit"? I have the same situation, I found a dealer that had one inbound so I completed the entire deal and they submitted the title paperwork before the car got there. I will lose out on like 3 weeks of warranty but at that point it's not a big deal. I did know going into it that's what was happening, though.

If they didn't disclose this to you, I would raise a stink with both the dealer and Ford until they fix it because it's probably the dealer playing games with paperwork. The whole "the dealer will cover the extra warranty time" is BS because a) who at the dealer is going to remember or honor that in 3/8 years. Also the Ford warranty is honored at every dealer in the country. But at the end of the day I would just be pissed that they are playing games and make them make it right just because car dealers suck
Sponsored