Website showing all 2022 Mach-E getting range boost with More usable battery capacity unlocked!

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So from the Ford website it shows all 2022’s gets more battery capacity unlocked..

SR went from 68kWh to 70kWh usable
ER went from 88kWh to 91kWh usable

this means all the MME range test out there needs to be redone for 2022 and I have a feeling Ford will or already unlock more usable battery capacity on the 2021’s already! Well needs to be tested .. who has update 1.7.1?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Website showing all 2022 Mach-E getting range boost with More usable battery capacity unlocked! 3C04DE65-9C0A-4529-B170-006DA495E2EB
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My pony is wounded. No 1.7.1 update yet.

• Sad
Reactions: ARK

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I have a feeling Ford will or already unlock more usable battery capacity on the 2021’s already! Well needs to be tested .. who has update 1.7.1?
My guess is Ford will not unlock the additional battery on 2021 MMEs. It seems like it could be done with a OTA software update, but there could be hardware changes needed also. Even if it only requires a software update I don't think Ford will do it. I think from a marketing perspective it is easier for them to justify the 2021 model's higher price if it also gets more range than the 21s. IMO.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Disagree. Watch the video.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So from the Ford website it shows all 2022’s gets more battery capacity unlocked..

SR went from 68kWh to 70kWh usable
ER went from 88kWh to 91kWh usable

this means all the MME range test out there needs to be redone for 2022 and I have a feeling Ford will or already unlock more usable battery capacity on the 2021’s already! Well needs to be tested .. who has update 1.7.1?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Website showing all 2022 Mach-E getting range boost with More usable battery capacity unlocked! 3C04DE65-9C0A-4529-B170-006DA495E2EB
The 1.7.1 update only updated the APIM/sync. It won't change our useable capacity.

Other updates can definitely do that though in the future when they update the other modules.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
While the kWh has increased, it looks like Ford didn’t update the range predictions. Roughly 9 - 11 miles on my ER 4x. I usually charge to 80% anyway so not earth shattering for my use. I’m not going to run out and buy a 22 because of it if they don’t update the 21’s.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Disagree with what? Watch what video?
There's a whole thread discussing this. We will get an OTA this Fall that ups the capacity I believe.

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
There's a whole thread discussing this.
Sure, but you did not make that clear in your comment, and you did not provide a link to said thread. Not everyone reads every single thread and some of them scroll pretty quickly. Its hard to keep up.

We will get an OTA this Fall that ups the capacity I believe.
For the sake of all the 2021 owners, I hope you are right. Do you have any press releases or quotes from Ford employees saying that this will happen? I keep pretty close track of these things and have not seen anything official from Ford saying that they will unlock additional capacity yet, just lots of owners hoping/speculating that they will.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Sure, but you did not make that clear in your comment, and you did not provide a link to said thread. Not everyone reads every single thread and some of them scroll pretty quickly. Its hard to keep up.

For the sake of all the 2021 owners, I hope you are right. Do you have any press releases or quotes from Ford employees saying that this will happen? I keep pretty close track of these things and have not seen anything official from Ford saying that they will unlock additional capacity yet, just lots of owners hoping/speculating that they will.
Watch the video to see the Ford employee say it…

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I had a private conversation with Darren Palmer when he was over for beers the other day...

I just got back from driving 800 miles, arriving at home at 12:30AM. Sorry no links...

If you want to keep up on developments with the Mach-E, there are many threads updated each day.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My guess is Ford will not unlock the additional battery on 2021 MMEs. It seems like it could be done with a OTA software update, but there could be hardware changes needed also. Even if it only requires a software update I don't think Ford will do it. I think from a marketing perspective it is easier for them to justify the 2021 model's higher price if it also gets more range than the 21s. IMO.
My guess is that if there is no additional hardware required to unlock the extra few KWh (I doubt there will be), the OTA update for the 2021 models won’t come until some time in 2022 at the earliest. Look at how long it is taking just to get out some graphic updates the GTs got in July. Non-GT owners are still waiting.

OP
OP
Electric Fusion

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Disagree with what? Watch what video?
Ford did state on a few YouTube channels they will increase range in the 2021 MME so it will happen just a matter of time .. but soon we will see ..

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
Watch the video to see the Ford employee say it…
Watch which video? Why does everyone keep saying "Watch the video" without providing links?
Sponsored