What’s going on with my car?

Mtm81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e awd ex
Country flag
My (new to me) 21 extended range awd is having a bit of a moment.

I can see (see pics) that it’s way out of date when it comes to getting updates.

sometimes I get in car and the sync version etc are all blank and modem info is nowhere to be seen (although FordPass still works fine). Auto updates are off and won’t turn on and schedule updates the same.

I then do a force restarts (twice) of sync and it springs to life. Modem details show up, sync version shows up (but is obviously way out of date), auto updates are on and scheduling can be set.

car still thinks it’s up to date.

I shut the car off, leave it. Come back the next day and back to square one.

Ive read up on here about people struggling to get updates and FordPass not working so pulling fuses etc but my symptoms seem somewhere in the middle.

anyone experienced this before?

Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s going on with my car? IMG_2743
Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s going on with my car? IMG_2744
Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s going on with my car? IMG_2745

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It sounds to me like your car, as happened with a lot of 21MY cars, is stuck between powerup update 1.6 and 1.7. If this is the case then no further updates will be downloaded until it is fixed. There have been a few since then.
The fix for this issue was a dealer only software update. If you bought your car from a dealer then they should have made sure it was up to date. I would take it back and get them to check. If you bought it from a private seller then if they didn't have it done then it needs to go to a dealer agian for the update. In this scenario they might charge you for doing it unless they can find the TSB from Ford that allows them to claim for doing it.
If you don't get any joy from a dealer then your last resort is Ford CRC.

OP
OP

Mtm81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e awd ex
Country flag
Thank you very much for the reply!
On the back of your advice I've got it booked in with my local dealership. It's still under warranty so I'm hopeful there won't be a charge. I did buy it from a seperate ford dealership in another part of the country so if they do want to charge me I'll happily fight my corner.

Just out of interest as I'm still learning all the phrases being used on here - what is "CRC"?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thank you very much for the reply!
On the back of your advice I've got it booked in with my local dealership. It's still under warranty so I'm hopeful there won't be a charge. I did buy it from a seperate ford dealership in another part of the country so if they do want to charge me I'll happily fight my corner.

Just out of interest as I'm still learning all the phrases being used on here - what is "CRC"?
Customer Relationship Centre
Sponsored