What do you do with the dealer tramp stamp?

McSquashy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium 4X Vapor Blue
Dealer decals and plate frames - I always take that crap off my cars. It's one of the first things I do! My vehicles will not be rolling billboards.
Sponsored

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
They removed the sticker from my hatch no questions asked. I'm amazed how many people drive around advertising their dealer.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
If the Dealership are "good guys", I leave it on. I don't mind showing the public who the good guys are. In the past, I had some issues with the Service Department on one of my cars that I purchased from a different Dealership and the first thing I did when I got it back was to take the their decal off.

Once again, if you are happy with the Dealership I think it is alright to advertise showing your support of a decent business. If it deters from the looks of the car, I peel it off no matter what. More times than not they don't bother me though.

Just my personal thoughts.............

Iceslicer39

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E grabber blue, 79 CJ, 12 RAM 3500,
Occupation
Utility industry
Country flag
If the Dealership are "good guys", I leave it on. I don't mind showing the public who the good guys are. In the past, I had some issues with the Service Department on one of my cars that I purchased from a different Dealership and the first thing I did when I got it back was to take the their decal off.

Once again, if you are happy with the Dealership I think it is alright to advertise showing your support of a decent business. If it deters from the looks of the car, I peel it off no matter what. More times than not they don't bother me though.

Just my personal thoughts.............
You are not alone, I’ve primarily worked with small town, family owned shops. I worked for one 30+ years ago. I put a lot of those stickers on. Maybe it’s a small town community thing, but it’s fun to spot a car from the local dealership when you are 500 miles from home, too.

Gungrave223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E Premium
Country flag
I personally don't do free advertisement.... if a dealer ship put there name on my car... its the first thing to go when I get home...

NeilW

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Prem ER AWD
Occupation
Software Architect / Musician
Country flag
Pulled their vinyl emblem off the car when I got home. Was glad they used an adhesive that didn't transfer/make me pull out the goo-gone.

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I didn't realize this was a thing that people cared about until today. On the list of things I think about, this is pretty far down. Now I know. I don't mind advertising for my dealer because I like them, and the decal is pretty unobtrusive. But if they sucked, it's good to know I can easily remove them if needed.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I haven’t had a car with one of those in a while. But if I did, I would come right off.

Efthreeoh

First Name
IKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fordson
Occupation
Millionaire
Old dude (Boomer) chiming in <caution, don't be alarmed>...

So back in the day before 3M tape, dealers would DRILL the sheet metal and affix dealer insignia to the body of the car with expanding rivets.

You youngin's have life easy 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Vnorvi

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e performance edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I am curious what others do with the dealer markings they put on in the back of the car. Do you leave it on just in case you have to bring it back to the dealer? Do you take it off as you are not getting paid to advertise the dealership?
In many states it is illegal to applay these now. They have no utility. IF they do not come off easily, I found that a shop that does wrapping can remove them with what looks like a hair dryer.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
In many states it is illegal to applay these now. They have no utility. IF they do not come off easily, I found that a shop that does wrapping can remove them with what looks like a hair dryer.
No need to go to any shop. I place decals on my car for Drivers Ed. and before I sell them, I simply use a hair dryer to help peel the decal off and use skin so soft to take the old adhesive off.

Takes just a few minutes and all is good.

dwst480

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Vapor Blue MME Premium RWD ER, 2015 Mazda6
Country flag
Wow, am I the only one who's never even thought about removing a dealer decal/emblem or telling the dealer not to put it on? Don't get me wrong, I get the desire and if that's your choice, more power to you. I've always just thought of the decal as part of owning the car, so seeing all of these replies has opened a new train of thought to me.

My Mach-E dealer's decal is a relatively small silver and black design that's applied to the lower left of the hatch. The coloring is similar to the pony emblem in the center, so it at least feels like an organic part of the car. I have a nice similarly colored emblem of my favorite college team's logo on the other side, so the dealer decal sort of symmetrically balances it. 😆

Now, the license plate frames can die a slow, painful death. I hate those things and immediately take them off.

Last edited:

Schmedlack

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Escape S 1925 Ford Tudor (2-door)
Occupation
Trader
Old dude (Boomer) chiming in <caution, don't be alarmed>...

So back in the day before 3M tape, dealers would DRILL the sheet metal and affix dealer insignia to the body of the car with expanding rivets.

You youngin's have life easy 🤣🤣🤣
Hey man - I remember dealer logos installed with pan head sheetmetal screws. Years later, they were surrounded with rust.

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
I got my ‘replacement’ car from CarMax. They took their sticker off while I was signing papers. No issues at all.

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
I am curious what others do with the dealer markings they put on in the back of the car. Do you leave it on just in case you have to bring it back to the dealer? Do you take it off as you are not getting paid to advertise the dealership?
Fortunately, our dealer (Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville, Alabama) is very low-key and put their tramp stamp right underneath the spoiler on the passenger side when I added on our carbon fiber, spoiler it covered up the tramp stamp perfectly🥰🥰😜😜🙏
Sponsored