What does this icon mean when using cruise control?

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks!
Ford Mustang Mach-E What does this icon mean when using cruise control? IMG_0170
Sponsored

OP
OP
pooter03

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
it means copilot 360 is on, your car will pretty much drive itself, stay at the center of the lane and stop/start for you in traffic.

https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/
I figured as much, but it was the "READY" that was a bit confusing. Even though cruise control was engaged with lane keeping and auto-following, it made me feel like I was supposed to do something else to activate something. /shrug

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I figured as much, but it was the "READY" that was a bit confusing. Even though cruise control was engaged with lane keeping and auto-following, it made me feel like I was supposed to do something else to activate something. /shrug
I agree, that part is confusing. But when you see the bubble, as I understand, it's on.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think READY means the car is on and ready to drive... As opposed to just in accessory or off modes.

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
that is NOT what it means
Yeah, it more just keeps the car relatively centered in the lane and slows down if you start approaching another car. I personally don't like the centering tech right now as it's very shaky, lot of left/right adjustments, so it's not smooth like with a Tesla. I know Ford says they'll be updating the software, which I really hope they do.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Yeah, it more just keeps the car relatively centered in the lane and slows down if you start approaching another car. I personally don't like the centering tech right now as it's very shaky, lot of left/right adjustments, so it's not smooth like with a Tesla. I know Ford says they'll be updating the software, which I really hope they do.

Come try the lane-centering I have on my Honda Civic.... it will center you as long as you drive above 70km/h, the painted lines are clear, and that the curve in the road is not too hard.... Great on a divided highway, bad in another road imo...

I've tried it many times and even got the lane departure assist kick in while the lane centering device was on and maintaining (so to speak) the car in the lane... DUH!

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer XLT, 2018 Ecosport Titanium,
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
ya on the interstate it will pretty much drive itself
But you still need to keep your hands on the wheel or it will scream at you...

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I thought it meant stick in your COVID bubble while driving (or is that a Canadian thing).

Still getting used to where to put my hands while in the bubble. Steering wheel still feels the most comfortable and safest.
Sponsored