What happened to my "Add Apps" button?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Under my profile, for the first several days I had an icon called "Add Apps" (not sure if that means add Ford apps or iphone apps since it never populated.
When I clicked on it it said please wait while we access your apps list. But then never found any and never seemed to finish looking.
So I did a couple of steering wheel display reboots, and now there is no more "Add Apps" button anywhere.
Is this something that everyone else has? Or is it iphone specific?

Anyway, feels like I'm missing some basic apps there but I'm stuck. I can do carplay, but I'm talking about the normal display with carplay off. Does anyone have Spotify as an App for instance? I thought I had seen that early on and now it's not an option of any sort. Just Pandora,

To be honest, things come and go from this display randomly. The list of stations and apps etc is never the same twice. I really wish they would do a .01 bug fix soon.
Sponsored

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I do not have Spotify. Just Pandora and Waze. I have never gotten them to work, as it says you need to disconnect from CarPlay for them to work. I think that button goes away but there is an option in Connectivity Settings menu to refresh the apps again. However, I do not think that will give you anything new. Seems kind of worthless anyways as I like using CarPlay with the built in navigation.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I do not have Spotify. Just Pandora and Waze. I have never gotten them to work, as it says you need to disconnect from CarPlay for them to work. I think that button goes away but there is an option in Connectivity Settings menu to refresh the apps again. However, I do not think that will give you anything new. Seems kind of worthless anyways as I like using CarPlay with the built in navigation.
I tried the wifi settings recommendation that came up when I tried to use Waze outside of carplay. Nope, nada, didn't work whatever it was trying to say or do... I'm beginning to wonder if anyone from Ford bothered to test out the Sync 4 system at all. I've never seen so many bugs on a car interface.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried the wifi settings recommendation that came up when I tried to use Waze outside of carplay. Nope, nada, didn't work whatever it was trying to say or do... I'm beginning to wonder if anyone from Ford bothered to test out the Sync 4 system at all. I've never seen so many bugs on a car interface.
iPace was a train wreck when it came out (and still is). This is 100 times better but nowhere near perfect. It is stable for me and not crashing but just some small annoyances but nothing that deters from the experience. However, I can not charge from my homes 240V outlet and it is looking like it is a known issue with some MME owners. So I guess there is that......we are early adopters to a brand new EV to a car company that has produced their first 100% grown-up EV.....

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
iPace was a train wreck when it came out (and still is). This is 100 times better but nowhere near perfect. It is stable for me and not crashing but just some small annoyances but nothing that deters from the experience. However, I can not charge from my homes 240V outlet and it is looking like it is a known issue with some MME owners. So I guess there is that......we are early adopters to a brand new EV to a car company that has produced their first 100% grown-up EV.....
Have you checked for a proper ground wire in the junction box? I heard that was causing some issues.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you checked for a proper ground wire in the junction box? I heard that was causing some issues.
Yep. It is a known issue with some current Mach-Es. I can not sit idle so over the weekend I decided to email the Mach-E's Chief Engineer. He actually responded and acknowledge this issue is effecting a small number of owners. Did not seem like they have a 100% fix but we know its not the outlet or the EVSE. My dealer actually brought out another MME to my house to test and it worked 100% of the time. It is either a software issue with the car not wanting to charge from the 240V outlet or some sensitivity issue (we have confirmed voltage, amps and cabling meets the requirements of the MME). It is an issue with my car. There is another thread on this and I created a tracking sheet for owners having the same issue. Hopefully they can figure out the fix fast. Charging from 110 sucks and I do not want to have to charge at a public charger.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Under my profile, for the first several days I had an icon called "Add Apps" (not sure if that means add Ford apps or iphone apps since it never populated.
When I clicked on it it said please wait while we access your apps list. But then never found any and never seemed to finish looking.
So I did a couple of steering wheel display reboots, and now there is no more "Add Apps" button anywhere.
Is this something that everyone else has? Or is it iphone specific?

Anyway, feels like I'm missing some basic apps there but I'm stuck. I can do carplay, but I'm talking about the normal display with carplay off. Does anyone have Spotify as an App for instance? I thought I had seen that early on and now it's not an option of any sort. Just Pandora,

To be honest, things come and go from this display randomly. The list of stations and apps etc is never the same twice. I really wish they would do a .01 bug fix soon.
Have you tried:
  • Tap the car at top left
  • Tap "Settings"
  • Scroll the left list up until you see "Mobile Apps"
  • Scroll the main window up until you see something like "All Apps" tap on it
  • Tap on "Enable All Apps"

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Have you tried:
  • Tap the car at top left
  • Tap "Settings"
  • Scroll the left list up until you see "Mobile Apps"
  • Scroll the main window up until you see something like "All Apps" tap on it
  • Tap on "Enable All Apps"
Did that but nothing changed. The add apps button is apparently gone forever. hey but I have a new "Afternoon Activity" suggestion showing. Dynamic Parking. Oh boy, whatever that is.

seriously, the profiles section has a mind of it's own. one of the most poorly enabled setup I have ever seen. nothing sticks for long. dark mode turns light, 5 rows of sirius channels goes to 3, apps disapear, it's a hot mess. I've tried starting over a new profile and that one was even worse. they have along way to go to get any sort of stability in this system.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Here are some apps we saw in an early demo. Plugshare and Glympse
Ford Mustang Mach-E What happened to my "Add Apps" button? 95F75296-37BB-431C-804D-586878B6AF46

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I also only see pandora and Waze and issue with CarPlay or sync is there. I also don’t see the point of profiles ... may be I ammissing something but the screen settings are universal and not profile specific. I like dark screen and my wife the opposite. No way I can see how to set that. Or 1pd per profile. What profiles do ie seat memory can be done by pressing memory setting and the connected phone can do all things current BT will do. So don’t yet get profiles as well.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I also only see pandora and Waze and issue with CarPlay or sync is there. I also don’t see the point of profiles ... may be I ammissing something but the screen settings are universal and not profile specific. I like dark screen and my wife the opposite. No way I can see how to set that. Or 1pd per profile. What profiles do ie seat memory can be done by pressing memory setting and the connected phone can do all things current BT will do. So don’t yet get profiles as well.
I think all the system settings should stick with a profile. It just seems like there is an issue with profiles saving the settings. Every day my sound settings go back to what I set them to the first time I adjusted them and its very annoying because Its not where I wanted them was just trying it out.

As far as the app connectivity, It seems to be another side effect of having carplay or android auto. At least with my car, as soon as android auto connects to the wifi, anything bluetooth related dies. The whole phone tile just tells you to use AndroidAuto for these features. Same reason PAAK shows no key detected once the car is started and AA connects. I have a feeling if they can fix this bluetooth issue, it will solve a few other problems that stem from it.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So this morning I see the Add Apps button shows up again, and realize that it is somehow looking at the iphone apps even with carplay off, but when I click on it it, never populates a list. If I launch Pandora for instance on the iPhone, it temporarily places a Pandora button on my profile apps. But the behavior is random and intermittent and follows no logic.

And aside form a select few items, universal settings don't stick either. try changing your light color, and then next start back to blue, or the number of lines of radio fav's to show. nope..

And as far as the profile, it barely remembers anything other than the seat memory position. It doesn't remember the light color even if you have auto turned off, then list of personal buttons under your profile is constantly changing for no apparent reason, it doesn't remember the number of radio station lines of favorites, it doesn't remember many, many other personal settings. In short, it's bugged and frustrating. Thing is, this should be an easy programing fix, and should have already been pushed out OTA.

They need a proper "Save Profile" button that works! Changing settings during a ride and having them assign automatically to your profile is just a bad solution requiring extra needles work to remember to clear and reset at the end of each drive. very poorly thought out, but again a seemingly easy fix if they were paying attention and testing things themselves like real world users do. (or just read the forums)

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I'm a week in and still can't even get 'Mobile Apps' to display.

Just remains grayed out, won't allow it to be clicked.

16174614249305484907817368597407.jpg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm successfully using iHeartRadio through SYNC.

I noticed it was on the app catalog that I can see through FordPass (along with Glympse and some others) so I decided to give it a try.

I loaded it on my phone and signed in.

Then I tapped the button to update the apps list on the car.

And it didn't work. But next time I got in the car it was there and has been since.

It works okay. Audio quality of my local radio stations actually sounds much better through iHeartRadio than through the OTA broadcast signal.

Some scrolling functions are locked out while the vehicle is in motion, though. (As mentioned here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/critical-comparison-to-ford-fiesta.5060/#post-146900)

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
I'm a week in and still can't even get 'Mobile Apps' to display.

Just remains grayed out, won't allow it to be clicked.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What happened to my "Add Apps" button? 16174614249305484907817368597407
Were you ever able to get mobile apps to show? Mine is grayed out just as shown in your picture.