What is the Speedway?

Scott H

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW i3 Base, Mach-E4x - Inf. Blue (ordered)
Country flag
Various people mention "the Speedway", which is apparently a place where Ford does quality inspections and rework, and is in Kansas City?

Please provide more information about this, because my Google search turned up nothing.

Thanks!
Sponsored

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Various people mention "the Speedway", which is apparently a place where Ford does quality inspections and rework, and is in Kansas City?

Please provide more information about this, because my Google search turned up nothing.

Thanks!
It is referencing the Kansas Speedway located in Kansas City, KS. In January several earlier build vehicles were transferred there after arriving in KC from Mexico. This was used as a QC spot check / correction before the vehicles were transferred for delivery to the dealers. The current stop may or may not use the facility for whatever Ford is planning for QC checks / updates.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
The QC work that is happening in the current wider delay is happening in the US, though, not Mexico

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Thanks!
Sorry google is not pulling it up
But this is speedway.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is the Speedway? 1614894358297

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Maybe. There are a fair number of cars still in Mexico.
No, a Ford spokesperson was quoted as saying it would happen in the US

I'm assuming they have a set of higher level engineers from Detroit in KC to do this work

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
No, a Ford spokesperson was quoted as saying it would happen in the US

I'm assuming they have a set of higher level engineers from Detroit in KC to do this work
Uh-Huh. I know what they said. And there are still cars sitting in Mexico. Unshipped. Some for a very long time.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Uh-Huh. I know what they said. And there are still cars sitting in Mexico. Unshipped. Some for a very long time.
Is there confirmation that the vehicles are actually in MX?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Kansas Speedway is in Wyandotte County, a western suburb of Kansas City. It’s got a lot of cool retail and entertainment nearby, including a massive Cabelas, Nebraska Furniture Mart, and Great Wolf Lodge, the beautiful Legends shopping center, and MLS Sporting Kansas City’s stadium: Children’s Mercy Park.

It is a great weekend getaway and you could swing by the Speedway to take some pics of your car. Your car will be very comfortable there for a month or two.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thinking of that I am not sure why Ford would not be building additional cars as replacement for these sitting in MX - I understand parts shortage and dont know if its 50 cars to 300 cars sitting there . And redo these cars when time is freed up - atleast customers can be happy - may be my thinking makes no sense. Tell the customers you got new Vins and here is the car.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
They seem to haves lots of parking spaces

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is the Speedway? 1614897680904

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, I think it is just a relic of assigning VINs to customers as part of the special order system. I would have preferred for them to have just processed me a new one, due to the big delay, but logistically I can understand the difficulty in doing so.

Thinking of that I am not sure why Ford would not be building additional cars as replacement for these sitting in MX - I understand parts shortage and dont know if its 50 cars to 300 cars sitting there . And redo these cars when time is freed up - atleast customers can be happy - may be my thinking makes no sense. Tell the customers you got new Vins and here is the car.