theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
I assume there is a thread someplace with what we should do before we place an order. Going to place our order today and want to get an idea on what others have confirmed with the dealer before placing an order. No ADM? No dealer decals? I am sure there is a thread out here already with this information but having a hard time using the search function to locate it. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
One suggestion, confirm whether dealer provides X-Plan discounts. I wasn't aware of it when I placed my order and signed initial dealer order form without it. I signed up for a club membership afterwards and may or may not be able to get the discounts now when I sign the final paperwork on delivery.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I assume there is a thread someplace with what we should do before we place an order. Going to place our order today and want to get an idea on what others have confirmed with the dealer before placing an order. No ADM? No dealer decals? I am sure there is a thread out here already with this information but having a hard time using the search function to locate it. Thanks for the help!
AND if you do plan to go X-plan you need to join mustang club of america (if that's how you plan to qualify) as you need to be a member 90 days at time of purchase. NOTE: Once you join you can print out your PIN for xplan immediately (it's good for one year) but you won't need the PIN until time of purchase

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You should confirm that the dealer has no ADM, accepts X-Plan, and will refund your deposit if you don't take the car for some reason. I wouldn't bother discussing the decal at this point since there will be plenty of time for that. After confirming all of this, I would place the order online and let your dealer accept it that way. That will give you a higher level of tracking ability than if you place the order directly with the dealer.

OP
OP
theRealDevo

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you all!! Really appreciate the input here!

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Talk about an ADM (“Market Value Adjustment”) from a Seattle area Ford dealer:

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium First Edition Awd
View Vehicle Details
  • MSRP: $60,040
  • Market Value Adjustment: +$7,400
  • FINAL PRICE: $67,340
  • Body Style: 4D Sport Utility
  • Model Code: K3S
  • Engine: Primary Electric Motor Engine (Rear) / Secondary Electric Motor Engine (Front) with Extended Range High-Voltage Battery
  • Drive Type: AWD
  • Transmission: Single-Speed Automatic
  • Ext. Color: Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
  • Int. Color: Black Onyx With St-Red Line Stitching
  • MPG: 96 City / 84 Hwy
  • Mileage: 5
  • VIN #: 3FMTK3SU8MMA01839
  • Stock #: 21-1039

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I would look at local inventory on Ford.com and see what is available locally for demo rides. Go drive one or two demos then look at Autotrader for the exact car you want withing 500 miles. Call the listing dealers and ask if they have the car and if they accept Xplan. Only if that fails and you are willing to wait many many moons would I order one built.

OP
OP
theRealDevo

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would look at local inventory on Ford.com and see what is available locally for demo rides. Go drive one or two demos then look at Autotrader for the exact car you want withing 500 miles. Call the listing dealers and ask if they have the car and if they accept Xplan. Only if that fails and you are willing to wait many many moons would I order one built.
Thanks! We have a lease on a Volvo ending in August so we will need a new car by September, not worried about a wait, YET. We were thinking about the GT but looks like that may not be ready till November if we reserved now so going to stick with the Premium.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I
Thanks! We have a lease on a Volvo ending in August so we will need a new car by September, not worried about a wait, YET. We were thinking about the GT but looks like that may not be ready till November if we reserved now so going to stick with the Premium.
Ordered on Dec 20th 2020,. My car is scheduled for April 12 build week. Will not see it until June most likely. You can always order and if time crunches it look for your car on Autotrader, always good to hedge.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It looks like build dates have been populated through the end of May. The latest order date as reported on this forum with a build week assigned, is in early February, but build dates are not assigned sequentially based on order date and there are plenty of earlier orders still waiting for build dates. It's hard to predict when it will be built if you order now by extrapolating, because the data is all over the map. I ordered three weeks ago, but I am not in a hurry. The vehicle it will replace is already 12 years old and can be driven as long as necessary.

OP
OP
theRealDevo

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the info everyone- was able to confirm everything with the dealer today and placed our order! The wait begins!
Ford Mustang Mach-E What to do before placing an order? 1615241653324
Sponsored