Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
For us, the Mach E is part of our plan to eliminate ICE vehicles from our household with the exception of classic vehicles.

We currently own two F-250 7.3 liter Powerstroke 4x4 crew cabs that we use to tow and haul stuff. They were used daily for the first 15 years we owned them but now they are parked most of the time and used occasionally on weekends. My wife drives a C-Max Energi and I drive Focus Electric. We put over 30,000 miles on the FFE in the first year so we know that a BEV works for us.

When the Mach E arrives, my FFE will go to my wife and the C-Max Energi will go to my daughter who has moved out of the house already.

Then hopefully by the end of next year we can replace our pickups with one capable EV truck. It is going to come down to who brings it to market first, Ford or Rivian. I think Ford is going to drag their feet though so I am preparing to go with Rivian if I am able to afford it. I still need a truck that can haul stuff and tow a trailer that weighs as much as 11,000 lbs.

I think in the end that we can be totally set with a Mach E and Rivian in the driveway. 2 BEV vehicles will cover all our needs.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
[QUOTE="SnBGC, post: 22399, member: 892"

My wife drives a C-Max Energi and I drive Focus Electric. We put over 30,000 miles on the FFE in the first year so we know that a BEV works for us.

[/QUOTE]
I have seen the Focus Electric, but it is small for my needs. I expect to see newer electric Fords in the near future.

litlwyld66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Ford - 17 RS, 18 Expedition, 65-66 Mustangs
Country flag
I will be replacing my 2017 Focus RS for a Mach E GT

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
2011 Volvo C30 R-Design

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
MME replacing a 2017 Fusion Energi (which replaced a 2014 Fusion Hybrid, so I'm moving on the spectrum).

Like many on this forum - I'm trying to move away from ICE. Expect to get a PHEV Escape in next year or so to replace Ford Edge (we are a Ford family!).

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I will trade in my Clarity PHEV on the Mach E. I still have a F-250 for when it is needed, it has poor mileage (5L gas), but it can haul a load and has 4WD.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What're you upgrading from? clarity2

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
[QUOTE="SnBGC, post: 22399, member: 892"

My wife drives a C-Max Energi and I drive Focus Electric. We put over 30,000 miles on the FFE in the first year so we know that a BEV works for us.
I have seen the Focus Electric, but it is small for my needs. I expect to see newer electric Fords in the near future.
[/QUOTE]
Yes I thought so too. I was hesitant to go from a Super Duty to a Focus Electric because I thought for sure it would be too small for my needs. Turns out I was wrong and it works good for me plus I still have the truck in reserves for those occasional scenarios where the FFE isnt able to accomodate.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
2016 Escape Titanium AWD

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
2019 Veloster Turbo - I'm going to miss it...

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I doubt you will miss it, unless you love to pump gas into it!
Oh no - I most definitely will not miss pumping gas twice a week, and oil changes every few months (I commute 50 miles each way)...

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yes I thought so too. I was hesitant to go from a Super Duty to a Focus Electric because I thought for sure it would be too small for my needs. Turns out I was wrong and it works good for me plus I still have the truck in reserves for those occasional scenarios where the FFE isnt able to accomodate.
I did that as well. Had an F-350 as a daily driver and picked up the FFE (kept the truck for a few years as well after--until we traded for the motorhome).

Monthly "fuel" costs went from $350 to $50.
Sponsored