Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang GT, 2023 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Country flag
Yes, the dial is obvious. But usually these units use a different hose for sealant. Did Ford design one that shoots sealant in with the air? How many uses is it good for? When does the sealant expire?
Sponsored

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Based on my experience last night, buy a plug kit and keep it in the car.

I had a puncture that really didn't amount to much, but whatever it was fell out of the puncture and quickly deflated the tire. Trying to use the fix-a-flat was an exercise in futility, it doesn't work well on a fully deflated tire (you really need to drive around for a bit to spread it around) and didn't slow the leak enough to get any air in it. Fortunately a good Samaritan showed up and bought me a plug kit. But even then it took forever to get air in the tire as the sealant either gummed up the valve stem or the weight of the vehicle was too much for thr inflator. I ended up driving home on about 22 psi at a reduced speed.

What should have been a 15 minute inconvenience turned into a 2.5 hour ordeal because Ford was too cheap to put a spare in the car. And furthermore didn't even leave enough room for one....

smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platty, Explorer Platty, '23 Premium
Country flag
has anyone used the sealant and had it replaced at the dealer? How much does that little container of sealant end up costing?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes, the dial is obvious. But usually these units use a different hose for sealant. Did Ford design one that shoots sealant in with the air? How many uses is it good for? When does the sealant expire?
Yes, they did.

If you look at it, it tells you. Also the car tells you the expiration date in settings...

2010GT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang GT, 2023 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Country flag
Thanks, I actually found it in settings the other day. I've been paranoid, was considering buying a can of Fix-A-Flat but it sounds like I just don't need that. Okay, cool. Hopefully this thing works like they say it does. I do a lot of driving in railroad yards where tow trucks would not be permitted access.
Sponsored