MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Can anyone help? I had to use my tire mobility kit for a flat tire and now the tank of "tire goo" is empty. It can be removed from the main pump unit and replaced, but I can seem to find the part. This looks like it, but their tool says it won't fit my car. https://ford.oempartsonline.com/oem-parts/ford-tire-sealant-kr3z19554b
Has anyone else had to order a new one? Do I have to go a dealer? BTW - the thing worked great and saved me a tow. Tried to find answer via search, but no joy. TIA
Sponsored

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Cannot help with getting new tire sealant from the dealer. There is aftermarket products such as Slime that might do the same but at half the cost.

If the OEM sealant is anything like the aftermarket, it is only good for sealing tires for a short term, just long enough to get to the tire place to put in a tire plug. It is not meant to seal permanently. I just bought an tire plug kit and put it in the car. I figure if AAA is hours away, I am going to fix it myself. Of course, that assumes it can be fixed with a plug.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Can anyone help? I had to use my tire mobility kit for a flat tire and now the tank of "tire goo" is empty. It can be removed from the main pump unit and replaced, but I can seem to find the part. This looks like it, but their tool says it won't fit my car. https://ford.oempartsonline.com/oem-parts/ford-tire-sealant-kr3z19554b
Has anyone else had to order a new one? Do I have to go a dealer? BTW - the thing worked great and saved me a tow. Tried to find answer via search, but no joy. TIA
I’d take a chance. It looks like this cartridge is used for all newer Fords. If it’s wrong, return it.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Coincidently, I just had a flat tire and used the inflator kit, so I had the same question as you. That is the correct replacement cannister but the OEM (Slime repair compound) can be purchase online much cheaper. Search for
Slime 10179 Flat Tire Repair Kit (Sealant Refill)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tire Mobility Kit question 1665191994589

OP
OP
mjschillingtec

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Coincidently, I just had a flat tire and used the inflator kit, so I had the same question as you. That is the correct replacement cannister but the OEM (Slime repair compound) can be purchase online much cheaper. Search for
Slime 10179 Flat Tire Repair Kit (Sealant Refill)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tire Mobility Kit question 1665191994589
Just a heads up for anyone who follows this thread. I ordered the Slime 10179 "refill" kit and it does not fit the Ford tire mobility kit. The tank on the slime refill is about 1" too long, so it won't snap into the ford device. I am going to return it and go to the Ford dealer to pay the $70 for the one that fits (supposedly.)

d1p

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-e GT Black on Black
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You don't need to spend $50 on a new part from Ford...this YouTube simply explains how to refill the existing container with Slime and reassemble:
Refill Ford Mustang Tire Inflator Sealant Kit | Step by Step Instructions - YouTube

It even gives you the links to the products on Amazon.
I do wish that I had known the difference between the "Air" setting (inflator only) and the "Repair" setting (sealant + inflator) when I first used it. After inflating a totally flat tire (not sure how this happened) on the "Repair" setting we ended up still taking it to a dealership to have a new sensor installed.

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
Had to use mine last night. Worked out great actually. I wonder if it’s ok to wash out the Ford supplied container then add the green slime after it dries. Like will the washing it out mess it up somehow? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Deleted member 9461

Cannot help with getting new tire sealant from the dealer. There is aftermarket products such as Slime that might do the same but at half the cost.

If the OEM sealant is anything like the aftermarket, it is only good for sealing tires for a short term, just long enough to get to the tire place to put in a tire plug. It is not meant to seal permanently. I just bought an tire plug kit and put it in the car. I figure if AAA is hours away, I am going to fix it myself. Of course, that assumes it can be fixed with a plug.
I second this, if you have a choice of gorilla snot or plug the tire,...plug it. The goo destroys the tire sensor. When you get to the shop, they have to wipe that up, think of a nasty booty call, and using the towel on the floor. Get like the slime kit, has plugs and a better compressor, also add a pair of pliers.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
You don't need to spend $50 on a new part from Ford...this YouTube simply explains how to refill the existing container with Slime and reassemble:
Thanks for sharing this video, Dan! I used the inflator to add air on a few occasions and the tip that connects to the tire stem got loose and stopped holding pressure. So I had to buy a new kit from ford. But given this video, I can keep the slime from the old one to refill the new kit bottle if needed.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I second this, if you have a choice of gorilla another or plug the tire,...plug it. The goo destroys the tire sensor. When you get to the shop, they have to wipe that up, think of a nasty booty call, and using the towel on the floor. Get like the slime kit, has plugs and a better compressor, also add a pair of pliers.
Good point about the TPMS sensor getting destroyed by using the goo !

Love the "nasty booty call" analogy!

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Refill Ford Mustang Tire Inflator Sealant Kit | Step by Step Instructions - YouTube

It even gives you the links to the products on Amazon.
I do wish that I had known the difference between the "Air" setting (inflator only) and the "Repair" setting (sealant + inflator) when I first used it. After inflating a totally flat tire (not sure how this happened) on the "Repair" setting we ended up still taking it to a dealership to have a new sensor installed.
Thanks for this thread, I hadn't even thought about this, especially the patch kit, now I have everything from the video on the way to add to my vehicle.

Deleted member 9461

Good point about the TPMS sensor getting destroyed by using the goo !

Love the "nasty booty call" analogy!
The first time I tried the old fix a flat a bazzion years ago, and got to a shop and they pulled the tire had nasty craiglist casual encounter slop in there, and the tire dude was like...dude, looks like Peter North went to work here...fast forward a millennial to the leaf...you got tire good and a compressor, everyone said, don't use. Destroys the tire sensor...so yea, get a plug kit, I use 8 on a jeep tire, and got two more years out if it...and it was an EV conversion. Stay safe
Sponsored