What's the purpose of MyKey?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I've read through the manual on this and I don't see why I would need to set up a MyKey. Is it something like parental control for new drivers in one's household? The manual provides all sorts of points about what it can and can't do but I couldn't find anything about why one would want to enable those features. I've searched on the forum but couldn't find anything that seemed to answer this.
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've read through the manual on this and I don't see why I would need to set up a MyKey. Is it something like parental control for new drivers in one's household? The manual provides all sorts of points about what it can and can't do but I couldn't find anything about why one would want to enable those features. I've searched on the forum but couldn't find anything that seemed to answer this.
I've always seen it marketed as something for children in the household.

Quote from Ford:

"Whether you’re trying to keep a teenage driver safe or reinforce better driving habits for another family member"

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
you can give your teenage driver or people you not trus a key which has limitation e.g. max speed etc....