What's the symbol to the right of "Ready"?

CWSpook

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD, 2023 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What's the small white symbol between Ready and the Odometer? And why does it sometimes briefly change color? I searched the manual, but can't find it described.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What's the symbol to the right of "Ready"? dashboard
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Lane Keep Assist.

I think grey means no lines found. Green when it sees the lines. Blue for Blue Cruise. Red means you’re over the line and it’s trying to nudge you back into the lane.

OP
OP

CWSpook

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lane Keep Assist.

I think grey means no lines found. Green when it sees the lines. Blue for Blue Cruise. Red means you’re over the line and it’s trying to nudge you back into the lane.
Yeah, that part I get. What I was wondering about was the little white icon. I've seen it change from white to green for an second or two, and even to red, very briefly the other night. I'm wondering if it was caused by the snow covered roads and the system's inability to find the lane. I didn't have Adaptive Cruise enabled.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
White means lane keeping is turned on. Green means it’s actually identifies the lane lines and is active. Red means it’s turned on but can’t find the lane lines so it is not active.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Yeah, that part I get. What I was wondering about was the little white icon. I've seen it change from white to green for an second or two, and even to red, very briefly the other night. I'm wondering if it was caused by the snow covered roads and the system's inability to find the lane. I didn't have Adaptive Cruise enabled.
Probably. The system has to see the lines.

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
It will only activate above 40mph. So anytime you're below 40 it will be gray.

OP
OP

CWSpook

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. We've only had the MME for about 2 weeks and the weather has been so bad we've only used it for trips to town, usually below 40mph. It's supposed to be better tomorrow so maybe I'll have a chance to go experiment with it a bit.

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. We've only had the MME for about 2 weeks and the weather has been so bad we've only used it for trips to town, usually below 40mph. It's supposed to be better tomorrow so maybe I'll have a chance to go experiment with it a bit.
Keep in mind that if it's raining a decent amount, there's snow on the road blocking lane lines, etc., lane assist, BlueCruise, etc. will not work as there's not enough fidelity with the cameras for them to be able to do their thing.

OP
OP

CWSpook

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did a 50mi round trip this morning and had my first chance to use ACC, Blue Cruise and watch the lane keeping work. Got it figured out now.
Sponsored