What's this on the reverse camera screen?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Not rated and rated and found to be unable are two different things. I'm willing bet my wife's MME that Ford is not sending a different version to the EU. ... or are they?
You are absolutely correct. I would just prefer not to have that discussion with:
  • An insurance company in the event of some kind of accident
  • The Ford Motor Company in the event of some kind of warranty claim
Iā€™m really risk adverse when it comes to some scenarios. I completely understand that other people may choose to accept different levels of risk with their cars ?
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Correct. However, hitch mounted bike racks are fine in the US. UK/EU cars can tow. It is also important for strap-on rear bike racks or backing with the liftgate open.
Yep. And youā€™ve made a great point that I never considered: you could install a hitch on the car for a use other than towing - the bike rack example you cited. Not sure how ford or an insurance company would feel about it, but plenty of people mist have done that on other cars not rated for towing. Obviously, I know nothing of the differences in the Euro spec card (other than the British are allowed to have a quick clear windscreen and we are not ?)

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Not rated and rated and found to be unable are two different things. I'm willing bet my wife's MME that Ford is not sending a different version to the EU. ... or are they?
That you are not willing to bet your own Mach-E says it all!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Old? I still see these in the Midwest unfortunately. The same people asking "Are you Chevy or Ford bro???"
Yeah, they look at me funny when I answer Pontiac. ?ā€ā™‚?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yep. And youā€™ve made a great point that I never considered: you could install a hitch on the car for a use other than towing - the bike rack example you cited. Not sure how ford or an insurance company would feel about it, but plenty of people mist have done that on other cars not rated for towing. Obviously, I know nothing of the differences in the Euro spec card (other than the British are allowed to have a quick clear windscreen and we are not ?)
Ford has said all along that aftermarket hitches for carrying bikes would be available. No towing in the US but bikes OK.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ford has said all along that aftermarket hitches for carrying bikes would be available. No towing in the US but bikes OK.
I know itā€™s not what you mean, but I have this picture of a Mustang Mach E towing a mountain bike behind it, the way motor homes sometimes tow small cars or jeeps ???

All joking aside, Iā€™ll defer to others on this as Iā€™d never make that kind of (semi?)-permanent modification to my car. To me, it would be worse than a front license plate bracket ? mind you, Iā€™m only expressing a matter of my own personal style and taste, nothing more ?
Sponsored