Which Mach-E would you rather get?

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Would you rather get a premium with 5-7k markup or a GTPE without markup (diff dealers)? Just curious what y’all would do with Very limited inventory.
Sponsored

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
GTPE without. You'll recoup most of the difference once you sell it eventually and you get to drive a much more powerful car.

OP
OP
nmope

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
GTPE without. You'll recoup most of the difference once you sell it eventually and you get to drive a much more powerful car.
you are right about that. I personally do like the way the regular GT looks and don’t need the summer tires or the extra performance of the GTPE but there is no GT without markup. So in addition to the extra expense of the GTPE will need to add in all season tires too. Sigh

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I’m pretty sure you could sell the summer tires for basically the same as what you will pay for good all seasons. I had a coworker do that recently when he took delivery of a WRX.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Would you rather get a premium with 5-7k markup or a GTPE without markup (diff dealers)? Just curious what y’all would do with Very limited inventory.
That's a no brainer. Buying the GTPE with no markup gets you something for the extra money. A 5-7k markup on a Premium is spending extra money for nothing.

OP
OP
nmope

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
That's a no brainer. Buying the GTPE with no markup gets you something for the extra money. A 5-7k markup on a Premium is spending extra money for nothing.
You are right that you do get something for the money even though the 6K difference to go to GTPE from GT for me doesn’t seem like any upgrade I desire and actually gets me something I don’t want (which is summer tires).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are right that you do get something for the money even though the 6K difference to go to GTPE from GT for me doesn’t seem like any upgrade I desire and actually gets me something I don’t want (which is summer tires).
Well, if you don't actually want a GTPE, that's another story.

OP
OP
nmope

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Well, if you don't actually want a GTPE, that's another story.
This is how I probably should have started my thread as I would have been perfectly happy with a GT or less (like the GT seats too). I was already drowsy on melatonin when posting. 6K upgrade for stuff I have no benefit for and actually gives me the issue of summer tires vs 5-7k markup on a lesser vehicle.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is how I probably should have started my thread as I would have been perfectly happy with a GT or less (like the GT seats too). I was already drowsy on melatonin when posting. 6K upgrade for stuff I have no benefit for and actually gives me the issue of summer tires vs 5-7k markup on a lesser vehicle.
If a Premium is what you want, I'd keep trying to find one without a 5-7k markup.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I wish I could buy any trim MME for MSRP in CA.

Due to my area's high demand, high gas prices ($7/gallon), and the fed + state incentives makes it impossible to find.

Guess I have to settle for a '23 MME at MSRP on order and hope the tax credit will be decent and the state rebates will still be funded.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
I was in a similar position in June.

I was looking for a Premium, AWD ER. At that point, every dealer that I talked to had a $10k+ markup which put their prices in the mid/high $60k range. Continuing to call around, I happened (God, Angel, luck, karma) on a dealer that had an orphaned GTPE order AT MSRP. I could still change the color if I wanted (and did).

My Cyber Orange GTPE arrives end of the month, and I couldn't be more excited!!!
I live in Tampa, FL and the dealer is in another city in the Southeast, so I'll fly in and drive home.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Mag ride, better brakes, more torque and better looking wheels.

As said, the tires are a non-issue as you can sell them.

Seriously, a $6-7k markup vs MSRP? This really should take zero time to think about.

And in the few hours you ponder……someone else will definitely buy the GTPE at MSRP.
Sponsored