Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As for why i'm still in a forum for a car I sold, well, I'm a lonely, sad man who has already put too much effort into this forum that I have to keep going. I can't stop now.
It is refreshing to see someone being so honest in a public forum. Well done.
Sponsored

mekuhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
We have been calling customer care . All they do is give us a ticket number and no one has called in 4 days
I worked extensively with them on an issue and they were very helpful *but* I needed to stay on top of them to get regular updates. I was consistently polite and consistently insistent and got things resolved in a reasonable timeframe.
This is not unique to Ford. I am usually more organized and attentive on updates than most customer service teams, so I just assume I need to do some work to keep things moving towards resolution.

Runner30005

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache-E Premium extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
we placed order sometime in feb 2021 and got it delivered july 2021 since then all we have faced is issues. We have been in and out of the dealership. current issue -
Our front camera has been showing issue since we purchased it and throwing error message - Pre Collision assist is not available. So, when we take it to the dealer they keep the car for few days and don't give us a loaner(not until recently). Then they give us the car back saying we ran some update and it worked, this has happened too many times already. First the dealer will say they will charge for labor then when we call ford corporate and explain them that this is not our responsibility they would call dealer and cover everything. Again this should not be my responsibility to explain the car dealer and car maker how this is their responsibility for a software issue. With numerous such complaints ford emailed us saying and they gave us a premium warranty for free for 36000 more miles. And I thought they did a good thing and I did thank them (more on that). Fast forward to today after 3-4 days at dealership the dealer called and said we tried to figure out what the issue was but we think its a front camera issue and has to be replaced and you have to pay 1500 dollars and let me jot down in points -
1- They waited this long to figure out the real issue (almost 2.5 years) , so where they waiting for the original warranty to be over so that they can charge us or they are just incompetent to figure out the issue?
2- Let's forget and forgive the point one, as we have premium extended warranty front camera is covered. But the dealer is saying you don't have premium but normal warranty. We do have email from ford saying they provided us with premium extended warranty. So did ford lied ?

At this point I am 100% sure my family and I are being harassed both by dealer and FORD. Being from a working class this has caused us lot of money, time which we can't afford.
Has anyone else faced this problem?
Not me! 25,000 miles over 2 years and my wife and I still love it. Zero problems!

Ev Blau

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We had all the issues you mentioned and they had to replace all the components of screen and we did pay something but ford covered most after calling them many many times. Also we had to replace something in our suspension costing 1000 dollars or more . In just 3 years and less than 50k miles
Although I questioned the expense at the time of purchase, I did purchase a 5 year extended warranty. I figured we were buying a super computer on wheels and I have always bought the Geek Squad Service plan for my computers. Of course, nothing has ever gone wrong with our ‘22 Select RWD basic range car. Maybe karma is at play here.

JWPortland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e 4x
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I ordered my 2021 Mach-e Premium 4X in early 2020 and received it 3 years ago. It is the best vehicle of the 25 I have bought new, including Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Cadillac. My original dealer service department was horrid, so I switched to another that has been great. Ford needs to prune the bad dealers. The Mach-e is a great car. I have taken it on long (3K mile) trips 4 times and learned to deal with the marginal EA chargers. Tesla network will be great.

Jack Roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
we placed order sometime in feb 2021 and got it delivered july 2021 since then all we have faced is issues. We have been in and out of the dealership. current issue -
Our front camera has been showing issue since we purchased it and throwing error message - Pre Collision assist is not available. So, when we take it to the dealer they keep the car for few days and don't give us a loaner(not until recently). Then they give us the car back saying we ran some update and it worked, this has happened too many times already. First the dealer will say they will charge for labor then when we call ford corporate and explain them that this is not our responsibility they would call dealer and cover everything. Again this should not be my responsibility to explain the car dealer and car maker how this is their responsibility for a software issue. With numerous such complaints ford emailed us saying and they gave us a premium warranty for free for 36000 more miles. And I thought they did a good thing and I did thank them (more on that). Fast forward to today after 3-4 days at dealership the dealer called and said we tried to figure out what the issue was but we think its a front camera issue and has to be replaced and you have to pay 1500 dollars and let me jot down in points -
1- They waited this long to figure out the real issue (almost 2.5 years) , so where they waiting for the original warranty to be over so that they can charge us or they are just incompetent to figure out the issue?
2- Let's forget and forgive the point one, as we have premium extended warranty front camera is covered. But the dealer is saying you don't have premium but normal warranty. We do have email from ford saying they provided us with premium extended warranty. So did ford lied ?

At this point I am 100% sure my family and I are being harassed both by dealer and FORD. Being from a working class this has caused us lot of money, time which we can't afford.
There is no chance that I regret my 2021 Mach- e GTPE. There have been a few problems but being both a new model and new technology less than I expected and with the OTA updates it gets better everyday.

JerryR

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E, AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

I guess I should consider myself fortunate in that I have had zero issues with my '22 select 4WD. The only warranty issue was with my mobile charging cable and the local dealership replaced without question.

socalh2oskier

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Almost retired
Country flag

We ordered our '22 GTPE in February 2022. It was delivered in October 2022. We paid MSRP. Other than a crappy buying experience at the dealer, we love the car. No issues whatsoever--one of the best cars we have ever owned. We plan on keeping it for several years. It appears that perhaps you need to use a different dealer. Fortunately for us we have not had to visit a dealer for any issues since we bought the car.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

Yes, a tonne of people have.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...assist-not-available-errors.18710/post-739617

Your dealer is the problem, there are TSBs for the exact issue you describe. If you have an alternative dealer in your area please try another dealer.

To get my issue fixed, I had to switch dealers and call the Ford BEV team and open a case with them.

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
A lot of people here are Ford bootlickers, and I'm sure my comments will receive a lot of hate, but I instantly regretted buying the car. Your views on the car are valid, as is what I went through.

The"tech" was nonexistent.

The screen was buggy, slow, and needed to be reset often. It would just freeze while i was driving down the highway, and I would miss my exit.

The HVAC had a mind of its own and would just turn on or off whenever it wanted.

Wireless charging would make my phone overheat to the point the phone would turn off, leaving me with no Apple CarPlay until the phone cooled down - which is difficult because I use Apple CarPlay for Google Maps to navigate.

My car was one of the many that never got any of the updates, so I was stuck with older software and older Blue Cruise.

I remember I literally laughed in disappointment when the car got "youtube". It was worse to use in the car than a tablet from 2005. (i'm sure they were going to fix it via software updates, but again, my car never received any.)

Some of the cameras around the car would just not show up.

I went to my Ford dealership for all of these things, and they weren't able to figure out any of them. I told them I saw there were modules they could install to fix the problems; they said yes, there were, but they would charge me for the time it takes to install them. Why should I have to pay for you to fix the brand new car you sold me?

I contacted Ford, and they gave me the runaround too. This is why some people would never buy from Ford, this was my first and last time.

I could go on and on, it was death by 1,000 paper cuts.

The car was built like a tank, looked great, and drove great. The experience of living with the car was terrible. I instantly regretted it and wish I had my old 2015 Mini Cooper back.

I ended up selling the Mach-E because I just refused to deal with all of this for something that I paid so much for. The dealership was obviously trying to get as much from me as possible, and they countered everything Ford Motor Company was saying.

I got out early while the car was still in high demand and took a small hit, but not much. I feel for people who are stuck with the car, as the market has turned around and prices for the car have dropped.

I would not recommend this car and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It just not ready for public consumption. Im sure the 2030 version of the Mach-E will be great but what is out there now is a great car bogged down by the dealerships not working in tandem with the car company, and the car company shipping some of the worst software known to man.

(I have to admit some of the hate i will receive because I called people ford bootlickers, which is a bit aggressive, but it was too funny not to type out.)
What’s a bootlicker, explain?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

Sorry for your issues. I have had no issues since April of 2021.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
My two cents after a year and a half - a) really depends which model year you purchased, and which variant within the year, and even when it was built. My late MY '22 has been great, save for one issue I have yet to get a dealer to understand. Working on a third dealer now. This needs to be better, but the car has been fantastic.

2) We are early adopters, like it or not. Weird sh*t may happen. Stay mellow....

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered my 2021 Mach-e Premium 4X in early 2020 and received it 3 years ago. It is the best vehicle of the 25 I have bought new, including Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Cadillac. My original dealer service department was horrid, so I switched to another that has been great. Ford needs to prune the bad dealers. The Mach-e is a great car. I have taken it on long (3K mile) trips 4 times and learned to deal with the marginal EA chargers. Tesla network will be great.
Although I have had some issues with the car and 1 relatively major, I like the car, but I am surprised to hear you find the MME better than the Porsches and BMW’s etc, especially the suspension, Unless you are talking about quality.

personally I have had few if any “problems“ on the over 35 BMw’s we have had and only 1 issue on the 2 Mercedes and zero issues on the Porsches we have owned.

my wife’s x3 , no more $’s than the MME has a much better suspension and zero issues. She’s had 3 or 4 of them and never has any problems.

All cars have minor recalls, just part of owning a car. Not all BMW dealerships are great but for the most part a better experience than Ford.

markw314

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Are there any service department upgrades and certifications required before a dealer can start selling Ford EVs?

The dealer I bought mine from was horrible. Not only is the service department barely able to diagnose anything. Their sales team did nothing to explain the setup, down to not even getting me set up on Blue Oval.

I went to another dealer (shout out to Koons Ford in Sterling, VA) down the road from the one I bought from, and the experience has been night and day. Just walked in one day and a salesman came up to me. When I told him I had just bought a Mach-E, he asked if the other dealership had walked me through everything. I asked him what he meant, and he spent the next hour sitting with my wife and me, going through the apps, the website, and the various features of the car.

Their service department has also been great, making sure I've had all my updates and actually asking me if I've had any issues (they noted a couple of specific ones) when I brought it in for service (mainly tire rotation).

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

Yes, a tonne of people have.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...assist-not-available-errors.18710/post-739617

Your dealer is the problem, there are TSBs for the exact issue you describe. If you have an alternative dealer in your area please try another dealer.

To get my issue fixed, I had to switch dealers and call the Ford BEV team and open a case with them.
@shakti.lenka
Print out the TSB and give it to your dealer, or download it and email it to them:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ture-concerns-and-or-various-ipma-dtcs.25916/
Sponsored