Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I'm not understanding how you would save $1200 on insurance.
My Dodge Charger that I had was $220/month and my MME is $120/month for same coverage. Over a year thats $1200 in savings
Sponsored

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Otherwise they would keep the car......

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My Dodge Charger that I had was $220/month and my MME is $120/month for same coverage. Over a year thats $1200 in savings
That's has nothing to do with it being an EV, just likely that a Dodge Charger is a higher risk than the Mach-E. I went from a Fusion Energi to a Mach-E and went up noticeably.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
On the contrary, virtually everyone is paying ADM at the moment. Selling at MSRP is tte exception now, not the rule.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/02/17...e-paying-above-sticker-price-for-new-car.html
My household got lucky I guess -- I got a canceled Mach-E order for MSRP back in May '21, and my wife just bought a Niro EV for MSRP. Now, even MSRP rubs me the wrong way, but at least in both cases, ADM wasn't even mentioned and I get that there's zero room for negotiation right now. I would not have paid ADM, didn't need a new car.

Frankly, if the dealership has the ADM clearly displayed on their website, fine, at least you know what you're in for and there's no surprise. It's the ones that list the MSRP on the site and don't mention ADM until you've invested time into the process that piss me off.

Machestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Does that mean you didnā€™t have a vehicle at the time and you needed something ASAP. I know my reason, just asking other members. Chill
He lives in a binary world where it's either one or the other. A lot of religious/conservative people think this way. It's both cultural and biological.

Machestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ask why some people pay for front of the line passes at Disney when they could just wait in line with everyone else. Some people arenā€™t patient or have other circumstances and some people are able to wait.
This is a stupid example because everyone has to leave Disneyland at the end of the day and Disneyland is not the only theme park with rides.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
That's has nothing to do with it being an EV, just likely that a Dodge Charger is a higher risk than the Mach-E. I went from a Fusion Energi to a Mach-E and went up noticeably.
funny I made the same switch, Fusion energi to a GTPE and my insurance went down a small amount, like $50 annually.

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Ditto. There are no insurance savings that I've ever heard of.

Justification based on gas savings need to be offset against charging costs.
The insurance cost for my GTPE is ~$300 less a year than what I paid on the 2018 S4 it replaced. No idea why. Might be a one off, but it was nice. Was expecting it to be the other way around.

Everyone values things differently. Some are happy to wait to potentially lower their cost. For others, not paying over MSRP is about principle; and adhering to that principle has value for them. As long as everyone is happy with their value curve, and doesn't try to impress it on others, that's just them optimizing their experience.

I paid ADM on the Mach-E because it was more than offset by the amount they offered for my trade compared to how much that car was worth 1.5 years ago (the last time I had it valued). The market is broken right now, but at least it's consistently broken. I went into the situation very much on the I'm-not-paying-ADM side of things, but when they came back with all the numbers it was just a simple math problem. I could have rolled the dice that my trade would still have broken value in 6+ months when the [more expensive] '22 showed up, but I was comfortable with the math, and didn't want to wait. So I didn't. Really happy with the car.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I paid ADM on the Mach-E because it was more than offset by the amount they offered for my trade compared to how much that car was worth 1.5 years ago (the last time I had it valued). The market is broken right now, but at least it's consistently broken.
Carvana offered my wife $27k for the 2019 Kona she paid $24k for a few years ago. We decided to just trade it in to the dealership for $24700, which basically wound up being close $27k once the sales tax break was factored in on her new car purchase. She got paid to drive her Kona for almost 3 years. The world is really weird right now.

OP
OP
JerryL

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
He lives in a binary world where it's either one or the other. A lot of religious/conservative people think this way. It's both cultural and biological.
I am neither religious or conservative. I would give you the benefit of the doubt that you maybe having a bad day. But I wonā€™t since you think I live in a binary world. You are a miserable opinionated jerk.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why did you pay an ADM? 0F6B8B23-4D11-43CA-8706-37ACC24F1FDA

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This is a stupid example because everyone has to leave Disneyland at the end of the day and Disneyland is not the only theme park with rides.
Haha ok, I donā€™t understand what difference that makes but ok, think of whatever example you want
Sponsored