Why doesn't the car restore my seat position memory anymore when it selects my profile?

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
My wife and I both have profiles setup on our 21 GT. Her seat memory is 1, mine is 2. She always uses a fob and I have only ever used PAAK. The car used to switch seat memory automatically when I get in but it no longer does and I have to manually press Memory 2, even though it does correctly switch profiles. I'm not sure what changed, but it's been like this for months and I can't find any setting to switch it back the way it was. Does anyone know what may be the issue here?
Sponsored

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Are you in Park when you attempt to switch profiles?

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Is 'Easy Entry/Exit' turned off? (Just a total guess as it could just be the toggle switch for that, but I could be wrong)

OP
OP
shark

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Are you in Park when you attempt to switch profiles?
yes, I approach the car with the phone in my pocket, press the door button and it opens the door for me, seat doesn’t move. I press memory 2 then sit down and start the car. My profile is shown, I don’t have to select it. It used to move my seat back as soon as I unlock the door.

OP
OP
shark

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Is 'Easy Entry/Exit' turned off? (Just a total guess as it could just be the toggle switch for that, but I could be wrong)
I have that enabled, makes no difference. My wife is a lot shorter than me so if I don’t hit the seat memory before I sit down my knees are up in the dash

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've had this (or at least a similar) issue before and it was very annoying. For me, most of the time it was loading the Guest profile. I verified this by leaning over and turning on the car without getting in, then looking to see what profile loads (do this before pushing the memory button as a test).

If this is what's happening, what could help a bit is setting the Guest profile to have the same seat configuration as your driver profile.

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
Mine always defaults to whomever drove it last. Both of us use PaaK. Doesn’t matter who is closer or who opens the car.

GlobalElec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Prem X RWD Mach E
Country flag
Same issue for me. My 21 Premium adjusted the drivers seat for each of our profiles when we opened the door (using PAKK). Our new 23 Premium does not do this anymore. I’ve check all settings like you did with no luck. The vehicle keeps the seat position for last driver and I have to select the door seat position 2 in order for me (taller) to get into the car. The profile changes correctly to each of us using PAKK, but seats don’t move to each of our personal settings.

mkazen

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Same issue here. Occasionally it works but 90% of the time it just loads the last seat position regardless of what profile it sees.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
The 21 model year cars had a DSM (Driver’s Seat Module) that needed updating from the factory. Yours might need the update? There was also a WACM module (Phone charging pad) needing updating too. A TSB is available for the WACM, I complained that my car would forget who was the driver and the dealer updated my driver’s seat module.
Sponsored