Why haven't I received software update since September?

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
Have they solved the issue ?
Not yet. They have been very knowledgeable, honestly the first people I have talked to at Ford who seem to know anything about the car. They gave me a bunch of stuff to try that needs to happen before an update pushes (charge at 80%, driven for 30 minutes, scheduled in the GUI, parking break on, etc.) I have been trying all that for about a month with no luck. I plan to call back in a couple weeks if I still don't have an update.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They gave me a bunch of stuff to try that needs to happen before an update pushes (charge at 80%, driven for 30 minutes, scheduled in the GUI, parking break on, etc.)
Thatā€™s evidence that they donā€™t know as much as you think. The parking brake does not need to be engaged, and the HVB does not need to be at 80% (though the 12V battery does).

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Does the MME Sync screen allow for "Feedback - Software Update" via Wifi ?

I did that to my Lightning and got the update the next day.

The trick is to connect your WiFi to your vehicle, then submit the feedback.

IMG_9509.JPG
whoa i'm going to try that

i'm still on 2.7.4.....

sibonium

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€™22 MME GT Cyber Orange; ā€˜23 MME CR1 Cyber Orange
Country flag
Same here, have not gotten an update since we bought it. A couple weeks ago I asked a very generous "Mike G" on this forum to run my VIN in the FDRS and he sent me a list of 9 updates that are available/supposed to be applied, but still no OTA's have shown up (all of the required settings are met/selected). I made an appointment with my selling dealer, who kept it for 3 days, returned it untouched, and then told me updates are only for identified problems (of which they found none)(thankfully). I have spoken with the very nice technical staff on the Ford OTA team, who told that the solution was to...umm...wait. Someday...patience pays.

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
Thatā€™s evidence that they donā€™t know as much as you think. The parking brake does not need to be engaged, and the HVB does not need to be at 80% (though the 12V battery does).
Ha, yeah I was thinking I had read people on this forum that hadn't stuck to the OTA "rules" and still got an update. Still, they more knowledgeable than anybody else I had talked to at Ford about other issues, like when nobody seemed to know where my car was while I was waiting months for it.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Is anyone an Early Access member that has NOT received their updates ??

Tonio's MachE

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Accounting
Country flag
Because thatā€˜s how it works. Ford decides when your car will get updates. How they decide is anyoneā€™s guess.
I was just told by Ford they could not perform the update (4.1.2) that I had scheduled service for. I am at 4.0.2 and they say that is accurate for my car and they cannot perform the update to get me to 4.1.2. Sounds incorrect to me.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I was just told by Ford they could not perform the update (4.1.2) that I had scheduled service for. I am at 4.0.2 and they say that is accurate for my car and they cannot perform the update to get me to 4.1.2. Sounds incorrect to me.
Ford told you, or the dealer told you?
This the the first Iā€™ve heard of 4.02. Is that really a thing?

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I'm stuck on 2.7.4 too. Tried most of the suggestions posted and DMed to me but no dice.
i ended up calling ford who gave instructions to my dealer to install BC. once that got done i was OTA'ed to the most current version 4.1.3 within 2-3 weeks. constant OTAs rolling in basically every time i used my car...