Will Mach-E tow the Lightship RV?

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Actually, your note made me realize that owners who already have an aftermarket North American 2-inch tow hitch can add the whole-system tow functionality by buying just the Ford tow wiring loom and the electronic tow module.

The electronic tow module is around $99 and the wiring loom is another $62 or so... and of course shipping cost would be inconsequential (no heavy / bulky steel parts in these two items).

DM me if interested and I'll send you the Ford part numbers for both items.
What are the part numbers!? I'm also very interested
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
The US-spec Mach-E is not rated for towing. That said, there are trailer hitches available for the MME. People have been known to tow things with their US-spec MMEs. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Side note: The added energy cost of dragging around a trailer would be more than its solar power generator could offset. 🤔🐩
The usa Mach E has been used for towing by Ford Motor Company as shown in the photo.

20231010_210949.jpg

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The usa Mach E has been used for towing by Ford Motor Company as shown in the photo.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Will Mach-E tow the Lightship RV? 20231010_210949
And the fact remains that the US-spec MME is not rated for towing by Ford. A Ford picture of an MME towing is similar to a Ford video proclaiming the MME GT a track ready car. “So fast it made me sick!” Sure, for less than 5 seconds, then it’s neutered. 🤷‍♂️🐩

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Will Mach-E tow the Lightship RV? 20231010_210949
Nope. That's the hitch for an EU vehicle and may be an EU-spec Mach E. Just because Ford has tested it doesn't mean it's approved.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
And the fact remains that the US-spec MME is not rated for towing by Ford. A Ford picture of an MME towing is similar to a Ford video proclaiming the MME GT a track ready car. “So fast it made me sick!” Sure, for less than 5 seconds, then it’s neutered. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Fact remains the Mach E is rated for towing. Ford can't get their labeling of identical built vehicles.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Fact remains the Mach E is rated for towing. Ford can't get their labeling of identical built vehicles.
No, this is not a fact at all. Please show us where Ford has stated the Mustang Mach E has been rated for towing in the US.

A photo of a Ford-owned test car proves nothing.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Most likely the MME is not rated for towing in the US for legal reasons rather than mechanical limitations. For example, most BMW sedans are tow rated for Europe but not for the US market. The reason is legal based not mechanical based.
Does that somehow change the rating?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
We can argue the legal environments of various countries yet the Ford-labeled, Ford-dealer-sold tow kits for the mechanically identical Mach Es are IMHO "good enuff" in my book, and preferable to aftermarket tow kits for those who'll invest in this added capacity.

Of course, the informed operator is responsible for the appropriate loading and operation.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What are the part numbers!? I'm also very interested
I've been traveling most of this Summer. I'll get the appropriate parts numbers and ancillary information together and post it in the next several days.

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
I've been traveling most of this Summer. I'll get the appropriate parts numbers and ancillary information together and post it in the next several days.
Thanks, although I noticed torklift has a plug and play harness assembly for the mach-e now which they didn't have before (at least not that I remember). I may go that route since it's plug and play, and no coding required. Unless the parts you've got are just as "easy".

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag