Wind noise

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
See that I didn't update this thread. My recall work was done and the glass company didn't like the way the Pano roof was installed so they totally removed it and then resealed. The fit is way tighter to windshield now and absolutely zero wind noise
Neat, thanks for the update. I took a look today and there are gaps between the windshield and the sides of the car as well as the glass roof. Again it's one of those things I never noted before - I always thought things were pretty flush with other cars I've owned, or that gaps were sealed or protected. Easy to imagine that those are areas where wind noise could be generated, but I don't really know. Maybe my others cars also had gaps.

Hi there. This wind noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Nervous about what work might be done and if it would worsen things but I'll send you a PM - thanks for mentioning that this is not expected and for any help you can provide. The wind noise isn't terrible and the car is a blast to drive and own otherwise!
Sponsored

ca_jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Performance
Country flag
Interesting - I think my vehicle is too new to be affected by this but I hear obvious wind noise when hitting 60-65 MPH. It sounds like it's coming from around the driver-side door or window, though, rather than the glass roof. It made me wonder if my window wasn't sealing fully, but I don't feel any air. Reading some of the horror stories about how taking it back to the dealership results in something worse, maybe I'll just check my own seals and live with it. I don't recall hearing anything like this on my other vehicles but maybe I just never noticed... will have to take a closer listen.
I just picked up my car a couple of weeks ago and notice the same kind of wind noise, for me starting around 55 mph. Sounds like it's coming in the sides, almost like the rearview mirror is creating it. Odd.

sdespain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
I just picked up my car a couple of weeks ago and notice the same kind of wind noise, for me starting around 55 mph. Sounds like it's coming in the sides, almost like the rearview mirror is creating it. Odd.
Yet for me, the drivers side is the issue. Passenger side not much noise. So there is something not just right only one the one side

OP
OP

Camille

First Name
Camille
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have the "wind noise", but it is mostly heard on my cell phone. I don't hear it when I'm driving, so much, but when my husband calls me on his way home from work, it is loud, and horrible! Sometimes it sounds like he is in a waterfall or car wash, other times it sounds like a wind tunnel. I did record it once and he was quite surprised when he heard it, because he doesn't hear it while driving.
I may have started this thread back in February or March. I have not taken it in to be checked, because he has concerns that the car could come back with more problems than this and at this time, he is not willing to take that chance.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have the "wind noise", but it is mostly heard on my cell phone. I don't hear it when I'm driving, so much, but when my husband calls me on his way home from work, it is loud, and horrible! Sometimes it sounds like he is in a waterfall or car wash, other times it sounds like a wind tunnel. I did record it once and he was quite surprised when he heard it, because he doesn't hear it while driving.
I may have started this thread back in February or March. I have not taken it in to be checked, because he has concerns that the car could come back with more problems than this and at this time, he is not willing to take that chance.
Hi Camille. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

mdow2788

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD Standard Battery
Country flag
I’m having the wind noise issues as well. Mach e premium that I just bought in October. It’s driving me crazy. Anybody hear or get any resolution yet?

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can say Ford did schedule an appointment with my dealership and also took care of the rental care - good service on their part. Unfortunately, my dealership reported that it's operating as expected. They asked if this was my first electric vehicle and I immediately knew what they were going to say. It's actually my third electric vehicle, but despite my telling them that, they still said that the EV's lack of engine noise just makes wind noise more prominent. Oh well.

I'm just living with it now, but one thing that does occur to me is the lack of road noise with the Mach-E. With all my other vehicles, EV or not, I heard some form of road noise, but I haven't really noticed it with the Mach-E. This one may be a bit of chicken and egg: is it that the wind noise is more prominent with the Mach-E because it's so quiet otherwise (not due to the engine, but due to good road sound dampening and thinner tires), or is the wind noise just so much louder that it's drowning out road noise? Who knows... but if anyone has a good solution for the wind noise, I'd be willing to try it.

mdow2788

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD Standard Battery
Country flag
I’m honestly tempted to buy the OEM laminated windows to see if that’s it. Too many people saying their car is absolutely silent for me too think that’s just how it is

HollywoodWLV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
Interesting - I think my vehicle is too new to be affected by this but I hear obvious wind noise when hitting 60-65 MPH. It sounds like it's coming from around the driver-side door or window, though, rather than the glass roof. It made me wonder if my window wasn't sealing fully, but I don't feel any air. Reading some of the horror stories about how taking it back to the dealership results in something worse, maybe I'll just check my own seals and live with it. I don't recall hearing anything like this on my other vehicles but maybe I just never noticed... will have to take a closer listen.
Did you ever figure this out? mine is doing the same thing

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you ever figure this out? mine is doing the same thing
I suspect it's something with the window, since driving with the window down doesn't seem to yield the same sound... but I'm not sure how wind noise dynamics work. I'm just living with it at present. Someone else remarked that their wind noise was so severe that it made hands-free calls impossible - mine is nowhere near that loud.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
There's foam tubing that you can insert in the channel running from the windshield up the side of the car that may help. It can also be run between the windshield and roof to help. There are other threads in the forum (do a search) where I got the idea from and it seems to dampen the noise.

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
Got rid of the wind noise more today.

I noticed my 22 select without panoramic roof had some wind noise a few months back so I filled all three gaps around the windshield with this

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wind noise B12166D3-FBEA-43B7-8FB3-F2572F4357FC

It helped a little bit, but the noise seems coming from the door. The weather strip feels too soft to form a tight air shield. So I decided to insert the same backer rod in the cavity of the strip to make it tougher
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wind noise 07E032DF-66A8-4D9C-8ABD-801916A38239

At 86 mph the noise did drop. The only thing is now the door is bit harder to close. A thinner rod sure will make it easier to close. You have to find the one can cut the noise and close the door easily.

Last edited:

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
If the window is open then the door does close easily. The only explanation I can think of is that the door is now pretty air tight.

doogie63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have a 22 select with wind noise. To me seems like it's coming from the driver side mirror. 40 mph and above. You try to demo the cars blue cruise, but passenger just wants to know what that noise? Where is coming from?
Sponsored