Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Nice to hear about these great experiences getting the recall done- interesting about the pano reinstall instead of just adding adhesive. Seems like that would be the only real way to fix the step-up/wind noise I am having (and might even be easier if it could be done without removing the headliner.)
Sponsored

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
Anyone posting images of the front seals, sunroof/windshield after it's all done?

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
In Roanoke Virginia - When I called dealership for service I was transferred to someone that knew nothing about vehicles or recalls. Could not answer any questions or advise how long it would take. Clearly it was an answering service reading off a script. When I arrived at my appointment they had no clue what I was there for and clearly were not prepared for the undertaking of this recall. I asked the dealership if they had performed this recall before. The service guy didn't even know about a recall. After few minutes of conversation I realized that they had not and I decided I did not want to be the first. After that I told them I just wanted my 10k service. He then asked me "so just the oil change" yes genius! You work at a Ford dealer and do not know what a MachE is? Now I will live with the recall notice forever as I do not trust them for anything. Might have to make a trip to South Carolina @GW Shark
Or even Charlotte NC area which should be closer than SC ?

Kjseymour

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e, 1976 BMW 2002
Country flag
About 3 months ago, I called Brandon Ford (Brandon, Fl) to schedule the two recalls They said I would be 10’th on the list and they were having a hard time getting the glue.

Is this a local issue or a nationwide issue? If anybody wants to talk to PM they can.

Dave
I called Brandon ford service in November the first couple of days the recall was supposed to b available. Told I was on list and would get call when have supplies. Didn’t hear anything so called first week of January. I was told Brandon service was not doing recall and had to call Brandon collision. Did that, got on another list where I was about #8. Still have not been called to complete recall. Keep getting reminders from ford to get it done though.??‍♀

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I called Brandon ford service in November the first couple of days the recall was supposed to b available. Told I was on list and would get call when have supplies. Didn’t hear anything so called first week of January. I was told Brandon service was not doing recall and had to call Brandon collision. Did that, got on another list where I was about #8. Still have not been called to complete recall. Keep getting reminders from ford to get it done though.??‍♀
Look on the bright side, the people in front of you can be the guinea pigs :)

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congrats!

Anyone in the SF Bay Area gotten their recall done (and with good results)?
The windshield/roof recall work on my MME is scheduled for next Wednesday, March 30, 2022, at Fremont Ford. According to the Fremont Ford Service Advisor, they have successfully done many. They use an outside glass shop for the windshield work. I will let you know how it goes. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Landmark Ford did mine last week. As with other dealers, they had an outside glass shop do the windshield. The work was perfect. No wind noise, no smudges on the headliner. No problem.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yes, please update. My dealer in San Jose is still not rescheduling these jobs so I may want to go elsewhere.

Dealer told me today at service that they are going to reschedule it within the next 5 weeks, but was pretty sure that they removed the glass roof and reinstalled it :rolleyes: Of course they also stated that each module sw update take hours, so it's that whole service department thing... They were doing 2 a week but are now down to 1 since the recall is related to the clear coat chemistry that is now affecting other manufacturers- so the glass companies are "overloaded."

The windshield/roof recall work on my MME is scheduled for next Wednesday, March 30, 2022, at Fremont Ford. According to the Fremont Ford Service Advisor, they have successfully done many. They use an outside glass shop for the windshield work. I will let you know how it goes. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, please update. My dealer in San Jose is still not rescheduling these jobs so I may want to go elsewhere.

Dealer told me today at service that they are going to reschedule it within the next 5 weeks, but was pretty sure that they removed the glass roof and reinstalled it :rolleyes: Of course they also stated that each module sw update take hours, so it's that whole service department thing... They were doing 2 a week but are now down to 1 since the recall is related to the clear coat chemistry that is now affecting other manufacturers- so the glass companies are "overloaded."
Here is my report regarding the windshield (21C22), roof (21S42) and software calibration (21P22) recalls. I took my Mach-E Premium RWD ER into Fremont Ford on Wednesday, 03/30/22, at 08:00, per my appointment. After locating the Mach-E expert service advisor, he promptly wrote the service order to implement the recalls and perform the 10K service (less tire rotations which I do myself). The service advisor, Tony, was confident that the job would be done in 2 days (yeah, right). The rental car company picked me up from the dealership and put me in 4-door sedan. I requested an SUV and got one on the 2nd day.

Today, 03/31/2022, I got a voicemail from Tony informing me that the software update and 10K service were completed but the other two recalls could not be performed because the glass company found a small chip in the windshield and that would likely cause the windshield to break when they try to remove it. I was told that I or my insurance company would have to pay for a new windshield, which cost about $1K, and Ford would cover the installation as part of the recall. In addition, Tony stated that it takes about 7 to 10 days for a windshield to be delivered. Ouch, so much for a 2-day turnaround on the recall work.

So, if you have any chips on your windshield, don’t take it in for the windshield recall until you figure out how to get a new windshield. I have to give the glass company (West Coast Auto Glass) praise for inspecting the windshield before likely breaking it which would leave me without my Mach-E for 2 weeks. I am trying to get my insurance company to contact Fremont Ford to agree to pay for a new windshield so it can be ordered. I will provide future reports on my quest to have the windshield and roof recalls done.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
the other two recalls could not be performed because the glass company found a small chip in the windshield and that would likely cause the windshield to break when they try to remove it.
This sounds like nonsense to me.

My windshield has chips. Heck, nearly any vehicle driven on Phoenix metro freeways has rock chips. The glass guy didn't even flinch about performing me recall work.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This sounds like nonsense to me.

My windshield has chips. Heck, nearly any vehicle driven on Phoenix metro freeways has rock chips. The glass guy didn't even flinch about performing me recall work.
Yeah, I guess the guys that were scheduled to my windshield recall must have broken a few in the past and didn't want to chance it.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Did they point it out as to where the chip was?

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did they point it out as to where the chip was?
They didn't have to show me where the chip was because I was aware of the chip but thought it was so small that it wouldn't be a problem.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Aha! Probably location of chip would be a factor too.
Sponsored