Winter is coming…

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
I use the same but it seems to slow way down from overheating. A 20->80% charge would take all night in that setting (and not finish before I’d have to leave again).

FMC mobile, it had worked okay for me thus far. Good enough not to want to buy a different one.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is there some way to set completion of charge at a certain time? I get the preconditioning in Ford Pass, and departure times, but in preferred charge settings for a given location, it doesn’t look like you can set percentage for a specific day. I guess you just have to select “charge to 100” about an hour or so before you leave to have the car not sit there at 100 percent?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is there some way to set completion of charge at a certain time? I get the preconditioning in Ford Pass, and departure times, but in preferred charge settings for a given location, it doesn’t look like you can set percentage for a specific day. I guess you just have to select “charge to 100” about an hour or so before you leave to have the car not sit there at 100 percent?
No.

Just charge to 100% the night prior.

And going down to 10% or less weekly is fine.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mustang Club of Maryland Carolin Mountain Cruise tomorrow. Lots of ponies driving through Leaf-peeping country. I’m charging to 100% now.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
You’re overthinking this, really.
Set location “home” to charge to 90%. If you want more, tap the “charge to 100%” button. It will only be at 100% for a couple hours. That’s not a big deal. When you get home with 20 or 30%, plug it in again. It’ll charge back up to 90%.
Worry less and enjoy it more.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
You are overthinking this. Just try with your current charge setting of 85% and see how it goes. Frankly, if you have 30%, you should be fine to get home 55mi with no problems.
Sponsored