Working way too hard to buy this car

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
8/29 09:30 @ Ford Dealer Ordered 23 MME GT $72k+ w/no xplan.
Feeling pretty disgusted with Ford/myself.
8/29 13:15 @ Chevy Dealer Ordered 23 Bolt EUV Prem Redline in Black w/Supercruise and Sun and Sound and a lighted charge port. It has heated and cooled seats and a smaller pano roof that opens. All for less than 40k. Ill be getting $4k from NJ and possibly something in 23 from the feds. I'm struggling to get excited about the MME at this point. I know, I know, apples and oranges. $30k+ difference is making them look like lemons and limes.

As an old Bolt owner, don't think the bowtie is any friendlier. It is as apples/oranges as it can be and maybe some of that is to feel we made the right call, but I was very happy to get rid of the Bolt (recall back to GM), but did get my MME for ~$40k. A bit unfair is all that I'm saying comparing a MME GT, of all things to the near cheapest new available EV in existance now. A lot of folks bought Bolts (not the EUV) for closer to $20k-$25k, but you probably know what's in the Bolt already for me to expand here. I think the Bolt is fine for basic transport, but it's far smaller, charges much slower, on a dead platform, front wheel drive and unlike the MME, was never a highly sought after vehicle with low resale value historically.

A lot of people are hating on Ford, but having gone through the Bolt fire battery recall hell, don't think GM is any better honestly. There are many still with 1+ year cars still waiting to get the batteries replaced with like 0 communication (the worst part about the buyback/recall).
Sponsored

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
FYI mine said only can keep select for whatever unspecified deal. Otherwise price is what it is on Ford.com for a different trim. So I canceled.
I would have waited since you can cancel at any time later, now you have no options left. The private offers which have not gone out may have covered it or a big chunk of it. What's the harm of waiting 6 more weeks when cars start rolling. The interest of 500$ for those 6 weeks would have been a few cents for potentially an 8k upside, and the possibility of getting it for 2022 and 7500 tax credit + CA 2250.
Unless you already purchased and driving Chevy/hyundai/kia then congratulations you've escaped from the drama.