Working way too hard to buy this car

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I and some of you too need to have certain information to make an educated choice. Had a 22 Select with CT package. Converted by Ford to a ‘23. Not loving it, lost the color and the potential tax advantage and the features I wanted in the ct package. This amounts to almost $20k difference in cost. Have asked my dealer for info. Is there an “offer”, a rebate, and token or anything at all if I switch my trim or for that matter keep the stripped select I now have as an order (which I am not going to purchase)? Or is there nothing. I feel that is the least I need to proceed. Straight up, just tell me and all of us in this particular boat. So frustrating. That is all.
Sponsored

tdmeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Select AWD C/T
Country flag
Feeling defeated. At this point it doesn’t hurt to just wait and see. If sales tank enough, maybe Ford will offer the CT package again. Also, Android and lfp batteries on the horizon might end up decent ev. I’m going to let my order sit at 99. When the Tesla model 3 LR is opened again, I’m getting on that waiting list.

OP
OP
ElectrifyME

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Feeling defeated. At this point it doesn’t hurt to just wait and see. If sales tank enough, maybe Ford will offer the CT package again. Also, Android and lfp batteries on the horizon might end up decent ev. I’m going to let my order sit at 99. When the Tesla model 3 LR is opened again, I’m getting on that waiting list.
Ya I also have a Tesla order. Much more $ than the original mme order by a lot! So I was hoping to still get the mme, but it is making a lot less sense to go forward. They are much closer in price now! Defeated is a good word. And harm? Waiting means longer and longer line of other orders to be built ahead, already seeing something about select orders being closed in Canada, and it also means passing up other cars while waiting. Offer or no offer? That is the question.

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
Ya I also have a Tesla order. Much more $ than the original mme order by a lot! So I was hoping to still get the mme, but it is making a lot less sense to go forward. They are much closer in price now! Defeated is a good word. And harm? Waiting means longer and longer line of other orders to be built ahead, already seeing something about select orders being closed in Canada, and it also means passing up other cars while waiting. Offer or no offer? That is the question.
I'm in the same boat. I feel defeated and I'm starting to give up on @Ford Motor Company and my dealership (Galpin Motors). I had an attorney send a consumer dispute letter to Ford and the dealership. Hopefully they respond.

I'm in a bind - I don't have a car currently but I would rather walk than get taken advantage of. I'm looking into other cars like the tesla, ioniq 5 and ioniq 6 (if it gets released in time). The ugly Bolt EUV is also an option.

I'm going to keep my order on 99 but I won't cancel. I'd rather flip it myself and make the markup than give it to the dealership causing me so many problems. I'll use the car profit to offset the increase in pricing.

tdmeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Select AWD C/T
Country flag
I’m thinking the same. At this point, with no tax credit, I want to see the android sync, and lfp batteries. That will make this an attractive fy23. Especially when Ford discontinued support for sync 3a

OP
OP
ElectrifyME

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. I feel defeated and I'm starting to give up on @Ford Motor Company and my dealership (Galpin Motors). I had an attorney send a consumer dispute letter to Ford and the dealership. Hopefully they respond.

I'm in a bind - I don't have a car currently but I would rather walk than get taken advantage of. I'm looking into other cars like the tesla, ioniq 5 and ioniq 6 (if it gets released in time). The ugly Bolt EUV is also an option.

I'm going to keep my order on 99 but I won't cancel. I'd rather flip it myself and make the markup than give it to the dealership causing me so many problems. I'll use the car profit to offset the increase in pricing.
Wow I’m sorry, sure hope u get something soon:(

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mach E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sales Representative
Country flag
This is how I’m feeling after all the highs and lows of this past week.

I emailed my rep to tell him my online order was switch to 2023 and asked for my current build sheet. He emailed it to me showing that I was still a 2022 with a priority code of 01. He said that hopefully I’ll get a build notification soon. Felt good until the next day when I got the SMS from Ford. I called and emailed he what was up with the text. He just responded with: “Ford will send you a price protection certificate directly to you to bring to the dealership at time of purchase. You had sent your message over and then I received three messages shortly after. From our understanding this how Ford is handling this.”

I had sent him a follow asking if there is anything I need sign or do if I wanted to proceed with the order. Also, letting him know my frustration and thoughts of going elsewhere. After waiting a 30 hours I sent a text and nothing.

I'd rather flip it myself and make the markup than give it to the dealership causing me so many problems. I'll use the car profit to offset the increase in pricing.
I’m tempted to do this too, but ultimately may just get my money back and let the smoke settle!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I feel the same way, but at least I have a consolation prize: 2022 Lightning showed up last month.
Waited over 450 days for my Lightning so the MME is not that bad of a wait so far.

On my 2022 MME Select w/ CT option it seems like a lot to give up for a 2023 if I move to a Premium trim (loss of incentives, loss of price protection, loss of low APR, and color).

I'll put my order thru and see what happens when it's delivered - maybe Ford will kick back in the incentives & low subvented rates ???

Worse comes worse and I don't want it, I can walk from the dealership, get my $500 back and they can mark it up to resell.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Well, this entire saga started for me with ordering a Bronco pre production. I followed that fiasco unfolding and 12 months after canceling my first I ordered again making note of the commodity hold ups. I had my order in 4 months and there were still a few people with their 16 month old orders still waiting.

I completely understand wanting the Tech package but ordering it then being surprised it delays scheduling behind other builds should not be a shocker. Selects are already probably some of the lower margin builds of this type, Including a tech package that slows down the production of higher margin builds probably does not help. Really the delay is only a few months but it is a critical few when Tax rebates and Xplan are considered. I ordered the very last day I could after deciding I would rather have a second MachE more than a Bronco. I did not even order floor mats.

You may get lucky, Ford may just have some magic number they want to hit and push to get the first of the 23' MY cars delivered this December. Coupled with a private offer things may just work out.

It may be that a Model 3 is less expensive than a Select after the first of the year, personally I like the MME interior much more but that is just personal preference.

OP
OP
ElectrifyME

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, this entire saga started for me with ordering a Bronco pre production. I followed that fiasco unfolding and 12 months after canceling my first I ordered again making note of the commodity hold ups. I had my order in 4 months and there were still a few people with their 16 month old orders still waiting.

I completely understand wanting the Tech package but ordering it then being surprised it delays scheduling behind other builds should not be a shocker. Selects are already probably some of the lower margin builds of this type, Including a tech package that slows down the production of higher margin builds probably does not help. Really the delay is only a few months but it is a critical few when Tax rebates and Xplan are considered. I ordered the very last day I could after deciding I would rather have a second MachE more than a Bronco. I did not even order floor mats.

You may get lucky, Ford may just have some magic number they want to hit and push to get the first of the 23' MY cars delivered this December. Coupled with a private offer things may just work out.

It may be that a Model 3 is less expensive than a Select after the first of the year, personally I like the MME interior much more but that is just personal preference.
Not a shocker. Don’t care about the delay. I always looked at this as at least a 9 month ish timeline. Only shocker is the lack of communication and poor customer service in the handling. Ironically if I had the choice at the time of order I would have ordered a prem or rt 1. No matter I’m cancelling. Good luck. My “offer” was to keep the select, not for any trim change.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I feel the same way, but at least I have a consolation prize: 2022 Lightning showed up last month.
Waited over 450 days for my Lightning so the MME is not that bad of a wait so far.

On my 2022 MME Select w/ CT option it seems like a lot to give up for a 2023 if I move to a Premium trim (loss of incentives, loss of price protection, loss of low APR, and color).

I'll put my order thru and see what happens when it's delivered - maybe Ford will kick back in the incentives & low subvented rates ???

Worse comes worse and I don't want it, I can walk from the dealership, get my $500 back and they can mark it up to resell.
‘22 Lightning Lariat is a great alternative. Is it everything you expected?

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
8/29 09:30 @ Ford Dealer Ordered 23 MME GT $72k+ w/no xplan.
Feeling pretty disgusted with Ford/myself.
8/29 13:15 @ Chevy Dealer Ordered 23 Bolt EUV Prem Redline in Black w/Supercruise and Sun and Sound and a lighted charge port. It has heated and cooled seats and a smaller pano roof that opens. All for less than 40k. Ill be getting $4k from NJ and possibly something in 23 from the feds. I'm struggling to get excited about the MME at this point. I know, I know, apples and oranges. $30k+ difference is making them look like lemons and limes.

Last edited:

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
‘22 Lightning Lariat is a great alternative. Is it everything you expected?
Yes, the Lightning is pretty amazing.

Getting 15-20% more range than EPA estimates.

The interior is not Lariat quality - more like an XLT.

Lacks the power steering column adjust that was originally marketed.

The only ongoing issue I have is that OTA updates are not very consistent (actually non existent) compared to other Lightning owners.

mbelcik

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
subaru outback and crosstrek
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
So I and some of you too need to have certain information to make an educated choice. Had a 22 Select with CT package. Converted by Ford to a ‘23. Not loving it, lost the color and the potential tax advantage and the features I wanted in the ct package. This amounts to almost $20k difference in cost. Have asked my dealer for info. Is there an “offer”, a rebate, and token or anything at all if I switch my trim or for that matter keep the stripped select I now have as an order (which I am not going to purchase)? Or is there nothing. I feel that is the least I need to proceed. Straight up, just tell me and all of us in this particular boat. So frustrating. That is all.
I am in the same boat...Dealer said he is waiting to hear back from Ford about any incentives, deals, rebate, etc...I did change my order to a Premium hoping that Ford will give us 22 Select with the CT package order a good deal. I don't want a base model car.....Crossing my fingers.

OP
OP
ElectrifyME

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am in the same boat...Dealer said he is waiting to hear back from Ford about any incentives, deals, rebate, etc...I did change my order to a Premium hoping that Ford will give us 22 Select with the CT package order a good deal. I don't want a base model car.....Crossing my fingers.
FYI mine said only can keep select for whatever unspecified deal. Otherwise price is what it is on Ford.com for a different trim. So I canceled.
Sponsored