Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So we just yesterday signed for and took delivery of a beautiful grabber blue Mach-E using a Z-plan pin from my Grandfather. And now today the dealer is saying it's expired.

Pin was generated in May of 2021, when the order was placed. And now it's July of 22. Dealer wants either several grand or a new pin. Shouldn't this be their problem, not mine?
Sponsored

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
In all my purchases, I've needed to present a current, valid pin at the time of purchase, not order. I believe it's part of the plan requirements. You dealer should have made you aware of this.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So we just yesterday signed for and took delivery of a beautiful grabber blue Mach-E using a Z-plan pin from my Grandfather. And now today the dealer is saying it's expired.

Pin was generated in May of 2021, when the order was placed. And now it's July of 22. Dealer wants either several grand or a new pin. Shouldn't this be their problem, not mine?
PINs are good for 12 months. It is 100% your issue, not theirs. Either get a new PIN, or lose the discount.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Phrozen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
In all my purchases, I've needed to present a current, valid pin at the time of purchase, not order. I believe it's part of the plan requirements. You dealer should have made you aware of this.
They didn't. And both the salesman and ford website said we'd expect to wait ~20 weeks, not 70.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The PIN could have been renewed/regenerated at any time. Unless the grandfather is no longer able to generate a PIN, this is a non-issue. If that is the case, call the plan hotline.

There is zero reason to generate a PIN at time of,order, since it serves no purpose.

OP
OP

Phrozen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The PIN could have been renewed/regenerated at any time. Unless the grandfather is no longer able to generate a PIN, this is a non-issue. If that is the case, call the plan hotline.

There is zero reason to generate a PIN at time of,order, since it serves no purpose.
I didn't know that. Salesman didn't know that. Grandpa didn't know that. Dealer GM said he'd never seen a delay as long as ours. Thanks for your input. Working on getting a new PIN.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't know that. Salesman didn't know that. Grandpa didn't know that. Dealer GM said he'd never seen a delay as long as ours. Thanks for your input. Working on getting a new PIN.
Should be a non-issue if grandpa is able. Ours took 50.4 weeks. PIN regenerated at one point. 30 seconds.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Just be glad your Gramps is still kicking I had the same thing happened to me last year and unfortunately father in law with A plan he died in between so there is no recourse in that event He was a 51 year ford employee. He died a month before we picked up the car and it was 12 months and 20 days after he got the pin and they still stuck it to us

I understand There have to be rules and such but there’s also a place for compassion even in business.

Jes sayin. Don’t feel bad for me I sold that electric pony after it bricked and made 8 grand so it’s all good

OP
OP

Phrozen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I recognize things could be well worse. This is a very first world problem. Dealer agreed to give me a couple weeks to work things out with a new pin and apologized for demanding it this afternoon; in the hindsight of having cooled off, I owe him an apology as well.

All good, I think. Just did not know how the program really worked.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah, the dealer probably would have had to foot the $$ difference so unlike assuming no affect to the dealer, this is probably a $2k mistake if they don't resolve it since Ford won't care about the specifics. Seems easier to not argue (since as mentioned, it's how the program works) and just get a new PIN.

I didn't generate my PIN till my order was already in Production to avoid this (a bit). Could've waited even longer honestly since took another 5+ months with delays.
Sponsored